*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Lead the project team in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the USAID/BHA funded WASH, Health, and Agricultural Livelihoods Engagement in Sudan (WHALES) project, ensuring that all deliverables are met and reported on timely. Provide technical input in the project’s WASH, health and nutrition and food security and livelihoods sectors. Effectively engage with relevant stakeholders including other WVS projects, World Vision US, partner National NGOs, and government line ministries.
- Set-up the project as per the design detailed in proposal documentation (narrative, log frame, budget, PMP) and the contract with donors in close collaboration with implementing partners, relevant government line ministries and other stakeholders.
- Be directly accountable and responsible for delivery of project deliverables (planning, implementation, monitoring/supervision, reporting, and evaluation) ensuring quality assurance in conformity with World Vision’s technical approaches, models, and project management standards. This includes development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and technical approaches to ensure standardization of approaches and models in delivery.
- Ensure that accurate/factual and comprehensive reports are produced and shared with your supervisor, the donor and consortium members on a timely basis and according to the established schedule and maintain ongoing contact. Provide timely scheduled and adhoc reporting on implementation progress to donors, WV Sudan Senior Leadership Team (SLT), consortium lead, and other stakeholders including HAC and government line ministries, ensuring that such reports are accurate/factual and comprehensive.
- Ensure that project material & equipment, supplies and logistics are utilized according to agreed rules and that acquisitions are effectively managed.
- Ensure effective management of human resources including division of labor, training, development and evaluation
- Manage project spending and ensure project over or underspending is within prescribed limits.
- In collaboration with other departments such as M&E and Finance, develop project performance tracking tools (work plans, PMPs, expenditure plans, procurement plans etc) and oversee the utilization of these tracking tools to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the project. Track and document project progress and mitigate risks to program implementation, and ensure donor’s requirements are met by all consortium members.
- Lead continual development and embedding of learning culture throughout the organization; ensuring lessons learnt are proactively used in the designing of new projects and influence implementation of ongoing projects. Build capacity of local staff in all aspects of project implementation including technical aspects, reporting, and financial management and control.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, or other related field. A lower qualification may be accepted if it is backed by extensive and relevant project management experience.
- Have at least five (5) years of experience in the inception, planning and implementation of projects in food security, WASH, health and nutrition or related field in the humanitarian sector.
- Additional experience in livelihoods, advocacy and working with the private sector is preferable.
- Have skills in team management, including capacity building.
- Have experience in working in a consortium of several partners in the implementation of projects particularly in fragile context.
- Have good experience in the interaction with donors such as USAID, DFID, ECHO etc.
- Be able to provide quality reports within the required timeframes.
- Have good knowledge of the NGO community and rural communities development.
- Be able to manage interactions with central, local administrative authorities, associations, community-based organizations.
- Be able to work under pressure and in difficult conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally in English.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail in the development of written documents.
- Intercultural sensitivity, flexible, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, in psychologically stressful environments and in challenging physical conditions with limited resources.
- Being able to facilitate meetings and trainings.
- Being able to work with different social strata, including women and people with disabilities.
- Ability to exhibit an exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in a specific local cultural context.
- Written communication: expresses ideas, thoughts and concepts clearly and effectively in writing using correct and appropriate grammar, structure and spelling.
- Computer skills: Ability to master computer applications, including use of the Microsoft Office suite, Lotus Notes, Intranet, and the Internet, as well as various applications and databases commonly used in the workspace.
- Must be able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to project sites and to the Program office in Khartoum.
- Travel: minimum of 5% International travel is required.