Project Manager: Health & Nutrition – South West States
Purpose of the position:
This position has principal responsibility to provide operational oversight and project management of all Health and Nutrition Projects to achieve project objectives. The position holder will also provide the representation of the projects to donor(s), Local Authorities and State government (in South West States) key stakeholders.
Other key responsibilities include ensuring high quality implementation of project activities, grant management according to donor requirements and international accounting standards, timely donor and other stakeholder reporting, and overall contribution to Child Well Being outcomes. The Project manager will be accountable for delivering all project results. S/he will maintain communication with the project sub –grantees and oversee coordination of their technical activities within the project framework, work plan and budget
- Grant/Project Management
- Staff Supervision and Management
- Budget Management
- Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation & Knowledge Management
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with an advanced Diploma in community health /public health / nursing with 5 years of similar experience may be considered
- Experience: At least five years of experience in program management and administration, financial management, award cooperative agreement compliance, sub award management, and tracking project performance and costs.
- 5 years’ experience in clinical settings as Nurse/Clinical Officer or Public health officer in Somalia /Somaliland
- Proven ability to manage complex partnership relationships/consortiums including effective coordination with host country government
- Experience in partnership building and coordination with the donors, private sector, NGO, Government and local community organizations.
- Experience and familiarity with a number of donor requirements, e.g. WFP, FAO, UNHCR,UNFPA , UNICEF, DFID, EU,GF,USAID and SHF grants management.
- Experience implementing CMAM, EPHS.JHNP and emergency/outbreak response
- Fluency in English.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, managerial, leadership, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Positive collaboration and facilitation skills; Leadership of large and diverse teams; Diplomacy
- Proven experience in proposal writing and project reporting
- Work environment: Office-based with regular travel to a second field location plus additional time spent in Mogadishu/Hargeisa/Garowe/Baidoa/Dolow/Kismaio for donor and stakeholders consultations as required by the project.
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
World Vision adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.