*Preferred position location: Manila, Philippines. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position will function as part of Sponsorship Capability and Ministry Integration team. The purpose of this position is to enhance sponsorship’s contribution to sustained child well-being especially the Most Vulnarable Children’s (MVCs) and to strengthen the evidence of impact such contributions make in programmes World Vision Field offices (FOs) implement. The role will involve leading global projects and contributing in the areas of sponsorship policy research, sponsorship learning and development, cross sectoral and ministry integration with sponsorship, development of standards, guidelines, tools and resources for sponsorship in programming and design of performance accountability systems and processes. It also involves collaborating for innovation and development of sponsorship models, project models, tools and resources and contribute to integrated learning and development strategy and implementation.
The role will also include leading the sponsorship data analytics, overseeing all data reporting and insights work and ensuring alignment with the child sponsorship vision and objectives. The position will align and direct the management, development and integration of data analytics necessary for supporting the mission, vision strategies, objectives, and goals for Child Sponsorship.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Sponsorship Capability and Ministry Integration. The position will collaborate closely with the Programme Quality leads of Regional Offices, represent the department in QUEST. The advisor will be part of and engage frequently with Child Sponsorship in Programming Network and other communities of practice as needed.
Strategy and Planning:
- Lead and support the development of Sponsorship capacity building and learning efforts integrating and harmonizing our efforts.
- Support the Director – Business Support and Ministry Integration in strategy and planning processes including support to the formation of multi-year plans.
- Facilitate technical support and guidance to development and implementation of sponsorship capacity building and change management strategy, contributing to the realization of strategic intent and vision of sponsorship.
- Facilitate engagements with Field Office (FO), Regional Office (RO) and Global Centre (GC) Strategy, Program Quality (PQ) and Sponsorship teams to provide support to strategy policy research on sponsorship to further existing efforts for integration, learning and synergy.
- Lead and support the development of child sponsorship data analytics and insights framework for the partnership.
Learning and Integration:
- Collaborate and partner with and contribute to Ministry, Strategy & Evidence (MSE) initiatives and project strategies ensuring appropriate integration of sponsorship.
- Support collaboration efforts with MSE to support CS innovation and research to demonstrate effectiveness of WV’s approach to sustained well-being of children, families, communities and supporters.
- Provide advice to sponsorship in programming Learning & Development (L&D) strengthening our integration and programme effectiveness.
- Lead and contribute to development of sponsorship tools, resources and project models in collaboration with MSE and other relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate and contribute to the development of sponsorship standards and guidelines as appropriate for programme effectiveness.
- Contribute to Sponsorship innovations, opportunities and initiatives, including repositioning sponsorship and new models of sponsorship (urban, community, family and by contexts).
- Collaborate with other leaders in an effort to guarantee the delivery of sponsorship data analytics and insights, and reporting services.
- Lead and contribute to the development of focused analysis to effectively support the data analytics and insights need for the partnership.
- Partner with WVIT directors ensuring alignment of strategies on data management, data warehousing, systems development and innovation.
- Provide technical guidance to the development and implementation of integrated sponsorship capacity and change management strategy contributing to realization of strategic intent and vision of sponsorship.
- Act as technical subject matter expert on issues relating to sponsorship in programming and cross sectoral and ministry integration to the partnership.
- Lead the development of the sponsorship in programming standards, guidance, tools and resources in collaboration with DME in MSE team and ensuring alignment with LEAP 3, programme quality standards and DPA.
- Provide technical assistance to Field Offices as they prepare for and redesign the CESP. Work closely with TSO and other teams within the Regional Office programme effectiveness teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of development programming and design, monitoring and evaluation to key sponsorship related working groups.
- Collaborate with the Regional Office Programme Effectiveness functions, QUEST and other communities of practice to ensure effective mainstreaming of Sponsorship in Programming and application of sound DME practices in SIP.
- Lead sponsorship data analytics and insights framework development and measurement and define the business key performance indicators.
- Drive and oversees sponsorship data analytics initiatives to meet and exceed expectations and key metrics.
- Assess and provide portfolio reporting and analytics to manage operational risk.
Innovation, Research and Learning:
- Lead the development of sponsorship in programming R&D framework and plans from development programming approach, DME and resources perspective.
- Inform MSE plans.
- Assuring that the sponsorship in programming R&D plans and priorities are adequately addressed.
- Contribute to learning processes and CESP and improved financial planning and coding practices.
- Support the development and nurturing of Sponsorship in Programming interest group and related community of practice facilitating sharing and application of best practices between Field offices.
- Support the development, testing, learning and mainstreaming of technology, operating model, process etc by working closely with GC sponsorship Operations, SOs and FOs.
- Manage the Sponsorship Analytics and Integration team.
- Mentor and Coach Subject Matter Experts in the area of development programming and design, monitoring and evaluation practices for the effective integration of Sponsorship in programming.
- Mentor and coach sponsorship reporting and insights team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree in development, business administration, economics, statistics, data science, information technology and systems or related field with a strong research emphasis.
- Minimum 7-10 years in a combination of Programme Quality, programme management, Business Intelligence roles working with multiple projects in international organisations.
- High level skills in DME, with field-based experience in World Vision development programmes.
- Strong knowledge of World Vision’s Development Programming Approach and experience and / or support its application at the field. Additional experience in development programming with other development agencies preferred.
- Excellent analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems. Critical thinking and capability of generating consistently accurate and useful information to inform strategic planning and decisions.
- Expertise in use of generally accepted project management and DME tools/software applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work across cultures, demonstrated experience of influence of non-reporting relationships and authority.
- Ability to effectively communicate with many different functions, cultures and levels in the organisation (orally and in writing.).
- Fluency in English.
- Highly skilled in research and data analytics.
- Technical experience in statistical analysis tools, data visualization tools and applications, database systems and solutions and conducting analysis on large datasets.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Training or courses taken in programme design, monitoring and evaluation and/or research with emphasis on using quantitative or qualitative methodologies.
- Training in Evaluating Development programmes.
- Solid foundational understanding of sponsorship, development programming and operations in World Vision, including field exposure. Foundational understanding of partner technical and ministry sectors (e.g., child participation and
- protection, DME, health/nutrition, education, etc.).
- Experience working in diverse organizational contexts; diversity experience (e.g. cultural, gender, cultural, religious).
- Minimum of 5 years working to support national, regional or field-based operations.
- Proficiency in various languages preferred — French or Spanish.
- Experience working in the international development sector beyond World Vision, including fieldwork experience.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.