*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Management of monthly funding account and all inter-company transactions with Global Centre, Support Offices and National offices (NOs). Management of the GEMs (concur) database and all travel related expenses submitted by staff. Provide ad hoc analysis and Sunsystems support. Provide analytical review, reconciliation and analysis of BS accounts (including staff advances).
Settlement Advice Management (Includes World Vision South Africa (SA) database):
- Management of the Settlement Advise Database by ensuring all inter office expenses are incurred with prior approvals i.e. Pre-Approval (PA) and that all costs are transferred to respective offices through Settlement Advices thereby reducing the risk of rejected costs.
Financial Analysis, Sun systems & Aging:
- In collaboration with SAR Financial Analyst based in FRSC, provide regular analysis of advance aging performance for SAR NOs and advise Finance Manager on NOs that need attention.
- Provide adhoc data analysis for decision making on hosting fees, PA tracking for project performance and forecast, trend analysis for costs coming from hosting NOs. Trouble shooting on sun systems challenges and creation of approved accounts and other codes in sun systems.
GEMS – CONCUR/EERs:
- Review and approve/reject employee expense reports, advances and claims in the Concur database to ensure that all receipts are authentic, approved and comply with WV policies & limits. Also ensure arithmetic accuracy on bills and other attachments.
- Providing technical support to staff on system challenges and set up new staff members in the GEMS/Concur database in coordination with the GC team.
- Journalizing approved GEMS/Concur reports and importing into Sunsystems.
- Monthly Reconciliation of the office funding account in liaison with the Finance manager and GC office. There by ensuring the office funding account reflect accurate transactions and outstanding items are followed through within 30 days.
- Analytical review and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts i.e. advances, credit cards, staff loans, receivables.
- Analyzing and reconciliation of Z-accounts (monthly) for GC hosted staff and Field Office.
Cash Flow Analysis – Review monthly funding forecasts and requests for SAR.
Direct Charges – review and ensure alignment to budget.
Accruals journals – prepare and process accruals.
Year-End and Audit – Assist with SA streamline processes; support management during audit.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University Graduate and/or Diploma in Accounting/Finance or any other equivalent accredited certification.
- At least 3 – 5 year experience in accountant preferably in a non-profit environment.
- An ability to analyze complex financial entries.
- Good understanding of accounting intercompany transactions.
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of Sun systems, preferably SUN certified, Advanced knowledge in excel and vision excel, Pastel accounting, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft word.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Multitasking skills.
- Able to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Fluency in English.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- CPA preferred but not required
- Able to travel.
- Able to use the computer.
- Travel: 10% (quarterly travel to SARO).