JOB TITLE: PEOPLE & CULTURE (HR) DIRECTOR FOR WORLD VISION MALI
JOB LOCATION: Bamako- Mali
CONTACT TYPE: Local contract
CONTRACT DURATION: + 2 years
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide leadership and management on all aspects of the organization’s human resource and organizational development functions
- To ensure that the National Office applies the good practice of stewardship by adequately and timely complying to the partnership’s recruitment procedures and guidelines and maximizing utilization of the resources for which they are budgeted for at all levels in the organization;
- To advise, facilitate and support the countries leadership team in establishing country strategies and create organizational culture that encourages and rewards continuous learning and innovation, and which is firmly rooted in WVI’s Vision, Mission and Core Values
The role reports to the National Director, with matrix reporting to the Regional People and Culture Director
Strategy and Leadership:
- Provide leadership to WVI Mali P&C Team and ensure P&C operations are implemented in accordance with the defined priorities, practices and country strategy
- To assist the National Director in creating an effective organizational structure that will support the overall program strategies of WV Mali.
- Develop country P&C strategic plan in line with Global P&C strategy & Regional P&C priorities
- Develop annual P&C program implementation plan & budget.
- Provide Leadership, coaching and mentoring to the P&C team in the areas of Recruitment, Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits, Employees Well-being, Learning & Development, HR policies & procedures.
- Review country policies to ensure fair and effective recruitment & selection process in WV Mali (including job analyses, job descriptions, and recruitment procedures) in line with Regional resourcing standards.
- Embed a culture of effective performance management that is in line with WVI’s Coaching for Performance (CFP) principles.
- Develop, review and update human resource policies, procedures and systems and ensure that it is within national office and WV Partnership standards.
- Supervise compensation & benefits in line with WV Global Total Rewards Policy.
- Lead and develop effective corrective action procedures in WV Mali – including resolution of staff conflicts and grievances, and ensuring that staff have access to appropriate counseling interventions, as required.
- Ensure appropriate staff support and care through various relevant initiatives including the implementation of a Staff Care Management/ Peer Support Program.
- Network with other NGOs and organizations and identify potential resources that could contribute to WV Mali’s and Mali initiatives.
- Effectively participate as a member of the Nationals Senior Leadership team and Regional People & Culture Leadership Forum.
- Ensure adequate and timely follow up and tracking of all audit recommendation relating to the National Office, as agreed in the Management Response
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Educational level required:
- Master’s degree preferably in Human Resources/Occupational Psychology, Business Administration with specialization in HR or relevant equivalent;
- Knowledge of and/or experience across the portfolio desirable as a generalist HR background. The following specific experience would be beneficial;
- At least 5 years related HR leadership experience.
- Experience in an International NGO is preferred;
- Fluent in French and in English;
- Ability to assess, analyze and diagnose organizational realities and to use appropriate performance improvement technologies including consultancy and coaching skills;
- Leadership competence, self-motivated and a team player;
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office based position with frequent movements to the fields;
Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.