Livelihoods & Resilience Technical Program Manager
Reports to: Operations Team Leader
Location: National Office , Maseru
Purpose of the Position:
The purpose is to provide high level technical support to the Livelihoods & Resilience Program with a focus on improved resilience and livelihoods of households to better care and support their families. The position is responsible for profiling World Vision Lesotho in all relevant sector networks and technical working groups. The incumbent is the primary contact for the Organization in matters relating to the Livelihoods and Resilience Program.
1. Program Management and Reporting 20%
Delivering the L&R project on time, scope and budget. Provide quality reporting on the Technical Program and track indicators.
2. Program Development and Grants Acquisition 25%
Provide technical capacity in the writing of the proposals, concepts etc. for L&R TP to acquire more funding and ensure all areas are adequately funded
3. Networking, Liaison and Advocacy 20%
Establish and manage mutually beneficial working relationships with strategic partners at the National level, while providing similar support at Regional and AP level. Profiling of World Vision Lesotho in all relevant sector networks and technical working groups.
4. People management 25%
Provide coaching and mentoring of L&R Technical Staff, including setting and reviewing their annual Performance Agreements and Annual Appraisals in collaboration with their respective supervisors. Ensure execution of project models with fidelity.
5. Learning and Innovation 10%
Lead the sector specific and/or integrated research and learning initiatives by developing research concepts in collaboration with internal and external stakeholder, and undertake the proposed research with a view to generating lessons and knowledge for program effectiveness
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
1. Masters Degree in Agriculture, with 5 years International Non Governmental Organization work experience or a Bachelors Degree in Agriculture or related fields with 7 years work experience in similar role.
2. A minimum of seven years proven experience and skill in management of Livelihoods and Resilience projects design and implementation.
3. Leadership and Team Work abilities.
4. Project Management experience, as well as project implementation and monitoring & evaluation
5. Experience in working with various major donors and government donor agencies
Academic, technical skills or other knowledge preferred for this position
1. English communication skills (oral and written)
2. Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
3. Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psycho-logically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
4. Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Adaptability and flexibility
Honesty and personal integrity, accountability and quality achiever
Excellent communication skills
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
The position is contract based for a duration of two years.
Competitive with market standards
Closing date 21st October 2020