PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the position is to serve as the primary link between the WV program and local stakeholders and communities. The Project Officer for C4D facilitates the community-led initiatives to improve and sustain the well-being of children and their families. A project officer acts as a partnering facilitator and helps partners build on their existing strengths and assets and facilitate links to technical support from WV and other sources.
|Ensure Project activities implementation.|
|Actively support the Project Coordinator in project planning.Facilitate the, implementation, monitoring and reporting processes relevant to assigned area.Increase awareness on Wave 2 of COVID 19 and all the needed preventions to ensure safety of the local community.Support in the identification and Mapping of stakeholders and partners in assigned areas.Work with communities to support, monitor and evaluate ongoing activities according to approved stated objectives, plan of action, M&E tools and budget.Actively participate in sharing feedback, reflection and learning with proper documentation for the results.Collect accurate and timely data for project design, monitoring, implementation and evaluation.Contribute to analysis and interpretation of monitoring data.Facilitate Covid 19 messages and advocacy activities as per the approved design.Build capacity and raise awareness on Covid 19 and related topics and interventions to partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries.Handle the distribution of PPE and other Covid 19 related materials to municipalities and partners.Refer and follow up on identified CP and other cases (health, legal, GBV, Shelter, etc…) with close coordination with WVL Safeguarding Officer and Referrals Focal Point.Ensure that all reports, supporting documents and means of verifications are accurate and submitted as per the set timeline.Follow up with Finance Department on the Payments of the partners, CBOS, FBOs, Scouts.|
|Act as a Catalyst, broker and facilitator in working with partners|
|Support in Developing and maintaining relations with key stakeholders and ensure representation and participation in related advocacy coalitions and networks at the area level.Build positive and constructive relationships with community members and partners in order to understand their needs and interests.Support in preparing and organizing community based activities including workshops, trainings, and other events in coordination with relevant stakeholders and WVL technical team.Handle the logistics preparation of related events, workshops, trainings in coordination with WVL Administration Department and partners.|
|Perform other duties as required|
|Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally.Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture and other organizational events.Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology, Public Policy, Political Science, Public Administration, Development Studies, International Development or related field.
- One-year experience in a similar related job
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with thorough knowledge of Arabic and English
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of responsibility
- Candidates must have skills in working with people of all ages and social groups
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Psychology, Public Policy, Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, Development Studies, International Development or related field.
- Experience in project implementation, monitoring and report writing.
- Preference to candidate with field experience in Bekaa region
- High integrity in social interactions
- Excellent communication, reporting, and pro-active negotiation skills
- Skilled at working with local communities and authorities
- Understanding of policies concerning Child Protection
- Knowledge of the mental health and psychosocial support guidelines and approaches related to emergency context (MHPSS IASC guidelines, PFA principles, etc.).
- Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Participation, Do No Harm, Community and Family Support as well as Child Protection and GBV in Emergencies minimum standards.
- 80% field work and 20% Office work.
- Position requires Willingness to travel within the region approximately 60% of time.
- Position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally.
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster