PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the position is to manage the Education projects and ensure that interventions are implemented based on standards and donor compliance.
|ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION||TIME SPENT|
|Plan and coordinate the project’s field activities||45%|
|Ensure that all aspects of the project’s daily management are met, including logistics, administration, security, visibility, community and beneficiaries liaison, evidence generation, coordination and risk management.Develop and guide the project team on the usage of project management tools (including but not limited to reports, DIP, Logframe, ITT, SOPs, financial tracking, programmatic process flows)Handle project’s procurement needs according to the developed procurement plan.Ensure that project activities are implemented in good quality based on the project/s outcomes and taking into consideration the local contextFollow-up and coordinate with the MEAL and technical teams to ensure that all needed tools are in place, developed and analyzed according to the project needsReview project level analysis and highlight trends to program manager. Implement the recommended operational measures to address gaps and challenges.Contribute in the development of ToRs for external consultantsResponsible of the production of high quality narrative reports in a timely manner and based on the agreed template and proceses.Provide guidance to teams/partners to identify convenient locations for undertaking project activities based on technical standards.Engage in proposal development as required by the Program Manager.Ensure that the quality of implementation in reference to the donor’s guidelines, national SOPs, best practices while also generating evidence to show contribution to WVL national strategic objectives.Ensure that lessons learned, risks and innovation are well documented and shared with the program teamSupport the identification and escalation of advocacy issues to Program Manager.Participate in periodic evaluations of the impact of the project on the beneficiaries with support from the MEAL unit.|
|Build relationships & capacities of the hosting and beneficiary community||20%|
|Build and maintain healthy partnerships with local partners covered in the project while identifying possible partners for future collaboration.Conduct meetings with key stakeholders to engage them in the project interventions and agree on their contributions in order to ensure sustainability.Ensure partners’ capacity assessment is conducted and capacity building plans are in place and implemented.Support the Program Manager in engaging and pre-positioning WV with NGOs and local partners to scale up the education portfolio in the area.Actively attend and participate in sector working groupsSupport in undertaking a stakeholder mapping analysis ( on the different NGOs operating in the sector and areas, in order to understand the functions various stakeholders fulfil, power dynamics, and to identify potential local ).In collaboration with the technical specialist, contribute to technical evaluation of activities and take initiative to propose adjustment of activities depending on needs and circumstances.|
|Handle Staff Management||15%|
|Develop JDs and Recruit staff, whenever needed.Provide leadership and coaching to the direct reports in terms of project management and quality implementation.Effectively manage the performance of direct reports ensuring performance agreements, regular performance reviews, and annual appraisals are done. Address performance or behavioral issues when they arise.Together with the Program Manager and technica Specialist, plan and provide opportunities for capacity building to project team in consultation with P&C Department to ensure coordinated technical and personal development.Ensure compliance with donor and World Vision’s policies and technical tools set in place|
|Handle output level reporting, safeguarding and accountability incidents reporting||15%|
|Ensure that output level reporting is done as per the established guidelinesComplete the required information in Activity info as per the set deadlinesFill project targets as per the set guidelinesEnsure timely reporting for information disseminated to communities/partnersDevelop project-specific material such as QandAsConduct activities that enable partners to be properly informed about WVL, its Complaint mechanism, the project activities and WVL Safeguarding policyFill the Referral Tracking sheet on a monthly basis and send it to the relevant focal personEnsure children and caregivers in need of case management are reffered according to the established guidelines.Ensure all Protection and CP cases are properly referred and documented.Oversee the implementation of Child Protection Standards and Child Safe Organization.Report any child and adult safeguarding incident as per the established guidelines and ensure that safeguarding incidents are being reported by project staff as requiredReport on the Indicator Tracking Table (ITT) ensure that MoVs are validatedReport on the activities in a timely and quality manner that would help submission of accurate reports internally and externally.|
|Perform other duties as required||5%|
|Participate in the reflection events, monthly meetings, yearly planning and major events.Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally.Responsible of own & staff security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- University degree or higher education relevant to Social Studies, Education, Protection, Development Studies human rights, law or other relevant fields;
- At least 3 years of proven experience in implementation of Education/Child Protection/Protection programming; human rights and/or advocacy work.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic languages
- Strong understanding of best practices and strategies in protection and Education programming (protection monitoring, GBV, Child protection, ECCD);
- Knowledge of the psychosocial guidelines and approaches related to emergency context (MHPSS IASC guidelines, PFA principles, etc.).
- Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Participation, Do No Harm, Community and Family Support as well as Children in Emergencies minimum standards.
- Proven experience in community mobilization;
- Proven experience working in emergency settings;
- Strong understanding of project Cycle Management and tools
- Experience in implementing projects through local partners and providing direct technical support to local organizations;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties;
- Good computer literacy in Microsoft Office package (incl. Excel), and holder of a valid driver’s license.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills with ability to network and negotiate with partners and government bodies.
- Ability to work in and contribute to dynamic team operating in a fragile environment
- Project Management for Development (PMD), Project Management for Professional (PMPs);International Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE)
- Field and office based.
- Position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally.
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster
Apply For This Job