PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator is responsible to implement a functional Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) system of the Youth RESOLVE 2 consortium. He/she leads the implementation and follow-up of the MEAL plan for the project in coordination with consortium partners. The MEL Coordinator works with the project team and partners leading the implementation of the projects’ baseline and evaluation, as well as the implementation of standardized MEAL processes and tools for all partners at field level. In addition, the MEAL coordinator is responsible to lead the consortium’s technical MEAL Working Group to inform various consortium management fora, contribute to reporting efforts and is the focal person for the donor’s MEAL counterpart.
|% Time||Major Activities||End Results Expected|
|20%||Lead on the field level implementation of the baseline and Evaluation|
|Draft ToRs with the support of the Senior MEL coordinatorLead procurement process as per procurement policies and requirements including bids and finalizing the recruitment of the consultant.Support the Senior MEL coordinator in reviewing bids and finalizing the recruitment of the consultantFollow up on the daily tasks of the consultant, as per set work planReview the reports completed by the consultant||Baseline and evaluation are completed on time and with high quality and meet WVI quality standards and are aligned with consortium’s expectations and needs|
|50%||Lead on the output level monitoring based on the MEAL framework at consortium level|
|For all partners, develop appropriate data collection tools for output level report (including pre/post test) in consultation with WVL’s Senior MEL coordinator and the Information Managemet Coordinator as well as consortium partnersCoordination and follow-up on consortium-wide monitoring and evaluation activitiesBuild capacity of project teams and partners to complete the data collection tools and report appropriately in the ITT and other reporting toolsReview ITT and ensure IM is provided with accurate data to feed into the projects’ beneficiaries database on a monthly basisFor pre/post test, train project teams and partners on data collection tools, perform spot checks and data cleaning, and ensuring quality before submitting to relevant donorCoordinate with the Accountability unit of all partners during field work to unify processes and increase efficiencySupport the Chief of Party in organising Lessons Learned events by providing the adequate data and drafting the LLE reportSupport Chief of Party in progress reporting to donor by providing adequate MEAL information||The monitoring plan for consortium is implemented as set, and/or the process of annual Outcome monitoring, and MEAL reports are submitted on time and with good quality.|
|20%||Lead on the consortium MEAL Working Group (WG)|
|Facilitate monthly WG meetingsEnsure adequate participation of relevant consortium membersEnsure consensus on MEAL related decisions and implementation of these decisions in the WG in coordination with the Chief of PartyReport WG outcomes to Chief of Party|
|10%||Perform other duties as required|
|Attend and participate in capacity building trainings and meetings locally and internationally.Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture and other organizational events.Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.When needed, support project related audit exercises, conducted by the consortium or the donorPerform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- BS Degree in international development, international relations, public health, nutrition, statistics, community development, or other relevant discipline is required
- Minimum three years of experience in working in a relief or development NGO with a focus on M&E processes – preferably in both response and development settings.
- Experience in design and implementation of M&E systems, including qualitative and quantitative approaches to baselines, monitoring and evaluations is required
- Experience in working with different partners and, ideally, in a consortium context.
- Good working knowledge of statistical packages (Excel, etc.) is required
- Very good knowledge of ODK database/SMAP server
- Expert data handling skills (classification, categorizing, tabulation etc.) and demonstrates diligence in data management
- Good knowledge of information presentation techniques (graphing, charting, tabling etc.) and interpreting them
- Information dissemination skills is required
- Good knowledge of and experience with humanitarian guidelines and principles.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Organization, planning, and time management skills
- Detailed oriented and able to verify data quality
- Communicates with integrity to different stakeholders (strong interpersonal skills)
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational relationships
- Ability to understand, explain and contextualize MEAL tools
- High level communications skills
- Ability to build positive relationships in a cross cultural environment
- Valid driving license (in Lebanon) for more than 2 years is required
- Excellent written English, with fluency in speaking Arabic and English
- Ability to write very good quality reports in English is required
- Preferred working knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS etc.)
- Understanding of work dynamics in a consortium context
- Understands fundraising, relief, development and advocacy issues, including operational consequences
- Understands international standards in humanitarian protection and accountability (e.g. HAP, SPHERE, Red Cross Code of Conduct, etc)
- The position requires ability to attend and participate in capacity building opportunities, trainings and meetings locally and internationally as required by the organization
- Preferred experience working in multiple areas across Lebanon, including one or more of Akkar, Bekaa, Beirut and South areas.