PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Coordinator under the Program Development and Quality Team and will provide technical leadership and programmatic integration on gender equality and social inclusion, including technical support for program design, development, budgeting, planning, monitoring and evaluating. Other key objectives of the position include to:
- To create tools, vocabulary, and networks to mainstream gender and social inclusion into programming
- Provide technical support for research programmes, ensuring GESI lens application in the design, implementation and report write up phases
- To effectively collaborate across WV and with local partners on advocacy strategies related to GESI
- To train and technically support Programme and Operations team, to raise the GESI capacity of all staff and key partners.
- Ensure grant and sponsorship funded programmes integrate GESI lens in every cycle of project implementation, with special emphasis on projects management in the field. .
Ensure WV Lebanon’s compliance to WVI GESI policy and other minimum requirements for protection mainstreaming in humanitarian action
|Strategy Development & Technical Support 40%|
|Ensure GESI lens application in WVL Strategy and Technical programmesProvide quality assurance for GESI project models implementation, in accordance to WVLs Strategy and WVI GESI ToCCoordinate with other sectors leads to ensure GESI mainstreaming across all sectorsLead GESI capacity assessments of WV programmes and operations staff and plan a training program to address needs. Utilize external capacity building opportunities, as well as WV-internal resources.Increase GESI understanding to ensure adequate knowledge across staff on GESI principles, mechanisms, and language.Provide technical leadership, support and guidance to field staff and facilitators in implementing GESI in all projectsProvide guidance to the development of the GESI DIPs and work with project teams to identify reasons for any deviation from these plans.Provide leadership for WVI GESI Management Policy implementation and progress reporting|
|Support Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting 40 ?|
|Conduct periodical meetings for field teams, sharing lessons learned, experiences, observations, obstacles and reviewing and updating any projects plans of actions.Provide opportunities for capacity building to field teams in consultation with People and Culture (P&C) to ensure proper technical, managerial and personal development, as well as maintenance of gender-sensitive work environment.Explore grant/donors policies and expectations in relation to GESI and build the capacity of the WVL team accordingly.Review and contribute to appropriate donor reporting that meets both, WVI and donor requirements.Ensure staff compliance with World Vision’s GESI policy and accompanying guidelines .Develop and facilitate training & workshops on GESI related concepts, policies or sectoral issues to increse knowledge and ownership on GESI lens applicationIdentify and capture best practices and lessons learnt on GESI, to be used for improving programme quality, advocacy and donor engagementFacilitate and monitor GESI related activities implementation in the fieldConduct project/programme implementation spot checks on bi-monthly basis to monitor GESI lens application within field interventions and discuss recommendations with field teams.Intervene, when necessary, at procurement level, to facilitate/find solutions to material purchase difficulties or delays that are affecting the program quality implementation.Work closely with the ELA Team to ensure GESI mainstreaming during projects monitoring and evaluation, while ensuring tools, indicators, reports and research pieces apply GESI principles and standards.|
|Proposal Development 10%|
|Support GAM and Project Managers with technical and expert advice on GESI and Protection mainstreaming when communicating with donors and communities respectively.Liaise with international and local NGOs and government authorities to influence and scale evidence based practices in GESIAssist in identifying opportunities where WV’s expertise in GESI fits into specific donor strategiesMeet donors to preposition for new program ideas and models based on evidence.In collaboration with GAM, technically lead GESI and Protection components during drafting of new proposals and Technical Projects, ensuring it matches with program objectives and donors requirements.Ensure that gender and social inclusion programme learning from assessment, evaluations and research is included into new designs.Provide input into budget of technical components within new proposals.|
|Public Relations and Networking 10 ?|
|Manage, coordinate, and actively participate with local partners and NGOs, UN agencies and different donors and community representatives and stakeholders.Actively engage with relevant ministries and stakeholders using evidence from our programming to drive policy formulation and system reformParticipate in National workshops, training and internal WVL meetings, workshops, etc.Coordinate with other relevant internal stakeholders at WV, whether at the Regional or Global level.|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to social science, development, public relations, gender/ inclusion studies and Masters degree are preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in gender and inclusion along with relief and/or development field working with local or international NGOs.
- Demonstrated project management skills in working collaboratively with local partners, donors, and international organizations
- Understanding of development processes and ability to translate technical language into language that is easily understandable by various partners and donors
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and networking abilities
- Able to oversee and manage budgets
- Experience in project management
- Ability to manage and negotiate expectations of the diverse stakeholders
- Manage and support partnerships and projects in a transparent manner towards all the partners and honor partnering commitments and show openness for critical feedback
- Effective in written and oral communication
- Ability to speak and write with a high standard of English
- Fluency in Arabic
- Computer literacy; good computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as database management