*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The TSO Technical Advisor (TA) position provides high quality faith and development technical assistance to clients in the areas of fragile contexts, church partnerships and faith engagement, innovation and impact, and core World Vision International (WVI) Faith and Development (F&D) project models. In addition, the position will support project assessments, programme design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and scale-up of F&D project models and sector approaches in alignment with WVI strategy to improve child well-being (CWB) impact. This includes all aspects of grant acquisition and management for foundations, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors including facilitation, partnering with peer
organizations and private sector engagement as per needs defined by Field Office, Regional, Support Office and Global Centre clients. The TA will continue to learn and grow in technical expertise to provide best in class service. This position will travel up to 30% for client requests and where possible for the individual. The TA reports to the sector Technical Director
Field Office and Regional Office Assignments
- Provide high quality technical assistance to Field Offices (FO) for programme design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide technical expertise for all aspects of programme design (including win themes, theory of change development, logframe, proposal coordination and writing etc.) based on data, to enhance impact and evidence of impact.
- Develop faith and development research agendas for inclusion in grants to enhance evidence of impact.
- Lead, facilitate or participate in assessments.
- Lead or participate in developing winning programme design and resultant proposals for grant donors as per requests from clients including developing alternative and complementary faith and development approaches.
- Support FOs in developing capacity statement and
- Acts as key technical personnel of grant funded programmes for FO during start-up or transition phases.
- Ensure FO Technical Program (TP) designs meet organizational standards.
- Influence decision makers and technical specialists across the partnership, (especially in FOs and Support Offices (SO)) for continuous Programme Quality and quality improvement using programme data.
- Lead and/or participate in programme assessments and evaluations and provide inputs and advice.
- Assist with scale-up of core project model implementation in FOs, in alignment with strategy.
Innovation and Learning:
- Influence Global Centre (GC) and field implementation teams with innovative and promising approaches .
- Facilitate and/or participate in learning events.
- Document lessons learned and generate stories of impact.
- Share learnings within team (sector and/or project model).
- Participate in Regional COP (Community of Practice) or learning networks relevant to the sector.
- Work alongside FO staff to build understanding of WV’s global faith and development sectoral approaches and core project models and global best practices and lessons learned.
- Provides training (virtual or in country) to clients as requested, including using data to inform decision making.
- Mentors and coaches technical staff in FOs and SOs.
- Contribute to the development of learning pathways for technical staff.
Global Centre Engagement and Assignments
Project Model Guidance and Adaptation:
- Co-creates and develops new project models and sector approaches in collaboration with and as per the requests from the GC Sector Team.
- Using best practices, innovative thinking and cutting-edge technical expertise, TA provides insight and practical ideas for adaptive design of core project models, donor and partner models and next generation approaches.
- Lead or support the development of articles, presentations and other products that contribute to World Vision’s technical brand in alignment with relevant external engagement strategies and donor needs.
Personal Development, TSO Core and Domains
- Commitment to ongoing learning for professional development and growth.
- Engage with leading global practitioners and donors to learn, share, develop and communicate external best practices and standards aligned with WV strategy, Our Promise.
TSO Systems and Knowledge Management:
- Lead or participate in a TSO Domain/GAM CORE team.
- Serve as a Core Project Model or Approach ‘Hero’ for your sector team.
Administration and Management
TSO Business Processes & CREDO:
- Internal Relationships.
- Work collaboratively with staff in other TSO sectors, and with GC sector and ministry teams.
- Approach work with a commitment to client-service that grows the capacity of FO clients.
- Engage with external agencies as needed in the provision of technical services to clients.
- Represent WV in external conferences, donor meetings, technical forum, etc. as requested by clients.
- Maintain projects in Workfront.
- Complete travel bookings and expense reports.
- Ensure internal information management systems are updated and maintained.
- Complete required Compliance Trainings.
- Participate in team meetings and communication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Consistently steps up to take leadership when opportunities present.
- Creates new innovations or initiatives and leading them to completion.
- Successful management or facilitation of complex tasks, including cross sector team projects.
- Engages effectively with influencers in the partnership enhancing TSO credibility and value proposition.
- Demonstrates leadership and selflessness in team situations.
- Takes leadership as a team player and encourager.
- Works to gain the respect of the team.
- Exemplifies and models the team values and the TSO CREDO.
- Demonstrates sophistication in managing complex relationships.
- Demonstrates foresight and insight into potential problems relating to assignments and risk management strategies.
- Leads and troubleshoots in complex assignment situations.
- Applies effective strategies for multi-stakeholder management.
Reliability and Consistency:
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-motivation.
- Completes complex tasks on time to a high level of quality.
- Proactive in multi stakeholder management.
Successful Project Management:
- Achieves consistent client satisfaction.
- Consistently maintains or improves relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrates consistent productivity, efficiency and performance with minimal need for supervision.
- Generates new business opportunities.
- Effectively communicates with all stakeholders in their preferred method and style.
- Education at a minimum of Bachelor degree level (ideally in Theology or Development Studies).
- A proven strategic thinker.
- Computer literacy; strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Commitment and ability to develop others.
- More than 5 years’ work experience including experience in a technical support provision/advisory role.
- Experience working in the development sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively and effectively with people from different church backgrounds and cultural contexts and nationalities, and also with people of different faiths or those who may profess to have no belief system.
- Excellent training and coaching skills and ability to develop own training methods and materials.
- Strong interpersonal, diplomatic and negotiating skills, ability to influence and exercise discretion.
- Fluency and excellent communications skills in English and/or French/Spanish. Must be able to deliver training and develop training materials in these languages.
- Ability to work with accuracy under time constraints and pressure.
- Strong experience in grants acquisition and management with bilateral and multilateral donors as defined in attached GAM competency overview.
- Experience in programming, grant implementation and management.
- Knowledge and experience with WV operations.
- At least five years of programme management experience.
- Broad experience in relationship building and working with churches, faith based organizations and other faith groups.
- Exposure to fragile context work.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Masters Degree in a relevant subject.
- Second language proficiency, needs excellent English language skills, both oral and written.
- Networked with deep knowledge of the sector and the significant actors.
- Spiritual maturity; clear articulation of personal faith in Christ about how their faith informs their life and work, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Sound Biblical knowledge and experience working with faith groups beneficial. Existing FBO and Church organization and partnerships and project implementation experience an advantage.
- Ability and understanding to work in a cross-cultural context and in an environment with various different faith groups.
- Good communication and good inter-personal skills.
- Additionally this position is responsible to provide technical support for the integration of World Vision’s Christian identity and focus into the programming initiatives of various field office, lead, mentor and coordinate the church
- partnership, ensuring F&D initiatives are integrated into program design.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.