You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview in case you are shortlisted
Job Title : Regional People & Culture Business Partner
Reporting to : Regional Managers
Grade Level : 13
Work Location : Nairobi and Elgeyo Marakwet
Purpose of Position
To offer P&C business partnering support to the Regional Office and Programs to achieve shared organizational objectives in particular to cascade P & C processes and value added services to field operations..
People and Culture Information System and Employee Records management 20%
- Ensure updated employee records are maintained within the region and programs and with utmost confidentiality
- Facilitate new starters to complete and forward to National Office all their duly signed employment records.
- Facilitate creation of personal files for all new starters and ensure that all documentation are in order
- Capacity-build staff & managers on use of OP including implementation of new modules
- Assist in trouble shooting Our People system challenges for regional and Program staff
- Maintain and update Our People on any employee changes/movements
- Analyze regional absence requests on a monthly basis and alert managers on pending approvals
- Support people managers to ensure adherence to annual leave plans
- Ensure up to date personnel information for all the regional staffs on the OP system
- Run monthly management reports from OurPeople for management advice
- Carry out data clean up at regular intervals to ensure data consistency
Recruitment & Selection and Contract management 20%
- Partner with hiring managers within the region in identification of staffing gaps
- Coordinate recruitment for staff recruited at the Region and Program Level for GLs below 12(local adverts, shortlisting, interviewing, background checks and pre-employment medical check-up) within the turnaround time.
- Ensure all staff including interns, volunteers, casuals, incentive workers etc hired in the region are screened in accordance to the WV Policies
- Coordinate the placement of attaches in the region
- Collaborate with hiring manager and the National Office recruiters to ensure timely processing of staff appointments, contract renewals, non-renewals and contract extensions.
- Track contract expiry dates of the staff at the region, and follow up with Program Managers on renewal/non renewals
- Maintain a database of potential employees at the Region and possible replacements especially of field recruits.
- Provide P& C support for exiting staff and manage employee exit processes (clearance, handover etc) and ensure compliance to WVK Polices
- Coordinate and guide management on staff transitions during program/project phase outs and ensure all applicable policies and procedures are adhered to.
Staff Onboarding, Performance management and People engagement 15%
- Co-ordinate and conduct orientation of the new staff recruited at the Region and program level.
- Ensure staff are enrolled into WVK Systems eg payroll, lotus notes, WV central and WVK Staff benefits and understand the related processes
- Facilitate probation reviews and confirmation of staff within acceptable and set timelines
- Support and build the capacity of the managers on performance management and respond to related queries
- Liaise with the people managers in the regions to ensure timely implementation of performance management cycle including performance planning, reviews and appraisals.
- Support staff to undertake learning and development initiatives to build capacity and for staff enhanced competence.
- Support change management projects/initiatives within the region as required
- Organize in liaison with Programs team building initiatives to spur performance
Compensation & Benefits and Staff care 15%
- Ensure all new staff are enrolled to the WVKs compensations and benefits programs
- Report on medical/ and hospital admission cases for staff within the region
- Coordinate psychosocial support and peer support for staff within the region
- Report and facilitate documentation for accidents and incidences for WIBA and GPA claims
- Educate managers and staff on self-care, entitlements and ensure a culture where people feel valued
- Plan health audits and benefits fairs to monitor staff wellbeing and liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure staff concerns are addressed
- Identify cases for and coordinate the critical incident debriefing for staff that have undergone stress and/or trauma and provide appropriate referral services
- Advise Program managers on related compensation polices eg. insurance covers for community members to enable timely procurement ahead of their engagement
People and Culture support to the regions 15%
- Provide P & C support to the regional managers, Program Managers and all staff in the designated areas.
- Advise the Regional and Program Managers to ensure adherence to the HR manual and labor laws in making any staff related decisions
- Support in the rollout and implementation of P&C initiatives at the regional level
People & Culture reports and Metrics 5%
- Prepare and submit of Monthly reports for information and update
- Provide P&C analytics to advice on trends and areas of improvement in the respective programs.
- Conduct periodical Program visits for P&C related support.
Collaboration & Networks 5%
- Coordinate and participate in roll out and implementation of P & C initiatives
- Participate in committees and taskforces, as assigned
Other duties 5%
- Participate in the devotional life of the organization
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or designee from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a university degree in Human Resource Management or related
- A professional diploma in Human Resources Management is required if the first degree is not in HRM
- Must be a member of a recognized human resources professional
- A minimum of three years’ experience in human resources
- Experienced in recruiting, interviewing and conducting job evaluations.
- Have knowledge of HR Information system
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Experienced in cross-cultural environment.
- Must be conversant with the local and international labor legislations
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines;
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice;
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines;
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication;
- Should demonstrate ability to support the identification and response to risk areas within the department;
- Should be an effective team player and able to collaborate well with other departments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, e.g. Excel and Word.