You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
Job Title : Faith & Development Advisor
Reporting to : National Director
Grade Level : 16
Work Location : Nairobi
Purpose of Position
Build healthy partnership with churches and other faith actors in achieving child well-being outcomes and provide technical expertise and advisory for the successful integration and implementation of World Visions’ Faith and Development modules into World Vision Kenya programming to ensure improved wellbeing outcomes of children in Kenya as guided by National Office Strategy FY21 – 25 as well as supporting staff to live and consistently communicate World Vision Christian faith with boldness and humility.
Technical Support 20%
- Provide effective technical support in the integration of Faith and Development in the design and roll out of the Technical Programs and Projects within World Vision as envisaged in the National Office strategy.
- Develop and disseminate Faith and develop guidelines that will support delivery of the Child Protection and Participation Technical Program objectives throughout the strategy period appreciating the unique contexts where the Technical Program will be implemented.
- Provide effective technical support to program and project teams in the roll out of World Vision Partnership and other recognized and approved Faith and Development models, approaches, Campaigns etc. (such as Empowered World View, Spiritual Nurture of Children, Channels of Hope, Celebrating families etc.)
- Ensure accountability and institutionalization of Faith and Development in WVK through the application of Faith and Development modules in programming.
- Ensure that Faith and Development standards, policies and guidelines are contextualized, socialized and reviewed as necessary and applied consistently across the National Office
- Develop and or review children sensitive Faith and Development programming/planning guidelines and business processes and ensure integration into programmes and projects
- Enhance skills and capacities of staff and partners’ in Faith and Development strategies, successful models and approaches in the Technical Programs.
- Ensure that WVK board is appraised on F&D policies and trained on priority topical issues to effectively discharge their responsibilities
Church Partnership & Interfaith Engagement 20%
- Establish and cultivate strategic engagements and partnerships with Church and other Faith Based organizations for contribution to child wellbeing and outcomes
- Design approaches that help Program staff to engage the church and para-church organizations in the implementation of Technical programs
- Facilitate the formation and the strengthening of pastors fellowships
- Facilitate the training of Program staff on interfaith engagement to assure their capacity for contextually appropriate decision making process and program implementation
- Support program Staff to facilitate dialogue between Christian and Muslim leaders in Area Programs within fragile contexts to address child wellbeing aspirations, outcomes and targets
Spiritual nurture of staff 20%
- Ensure that all leaders and staff have regular, quality materials and opportunities for reflections on how to live and consistently communicate WV Christian faith and calling with boldness and humility.
- Participate in the recruitment and orientation of new staff ensuring that they have a deeper understanding of World Vision and its operations
- Develop and or source timely and relevant devotional guides to be used by staff to strengthen World Vision Christian Foundations, Identity and witness
- Support World Vision Kenya staff involved in leading chapel and devotion groups for effective implementation of staff spiritual formation and its documentation
- Develop and ensure implementation of guidelines for devotions to ensure chapel business demonstrate spiritual maturity and denominational inclusiveness.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning, Research and Innovation 15%
- Participate/Support Child protection and Participation Technical Program adaptation processes, Program assessments, planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, documentation and dissemination of promising practices
- Gather data at National level for reporting on Faith and development (MMR, Semi-Annual, Annual Reports, WVK annual TP Report)
- Ensure development of standardized monitoring tools including Project Models
- Ensure programs integrate faith and development from inception through conceptualization, innovation, development, planning and implantation.
- Coordinate regular learning forum to profile, communicate and ensure adoption of promising practices as well as disseminate strategic Faith and Development guidelines.
- Support quality reviews of program reports and core documents as per WVK guidelines and donor standards.
- In liaison with communications team, develop context specific electronic and live media communications on Faith and development related activities.
- Support development of technical papers and or policy briefs on key issues for external engagement with decision makers
- Design/Coordinate/participate in Faith and development operational research, documentation, publication and dissemination of useful research findings
Resources Acquisition 15%
- Technically support Resource Acquisition & Management (RAM) team to develop proposals/concepts to prospective donors and Support Offices for Faith and Development and integrated Projects in general as per the yearly set targets
- Participate in Go-No Go Processes, write ups, meeting with prospective donors and submission of concepts/proposals
- Physically present/defend Faith and Development Proposals to donors in coordination with RAM when required
- Respond effectively to calls and queries by donors and SOs on Faith and Development Concepts/Proposals in coordination with Resources Acquisition and Management.
Team Management 5%
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships that support spiritual development of the team.
- In close collaboration with P&C, ensure right program staff are recruited, retained, and provided with intentional opportunities, mentoring and coaching for development.
- Assess and plan for staff capacities/competencies.
- Engage appropriate Subject Matter Experts for identified training gaps
- Facilitate capacity building of staff on technical modules, through trainings, workshops, On the Job Training, technical backstopping etc.
- Staff supervision and guidance to ensure overall quality and comprehensive management of technical program
- Carry out any duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as may be signed from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Development, Theology from a recognized institution.
- Postgraduate education/studies in Development, project management, Theology will be an added advantage
- At least 7 years’ experience 3 of which must be in leadership position working in International Development Organizations, Churches and Christian organizations
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and manage programs as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
- Experience in integrating Faith and development in programing
- Experience working in the interfaith context.
- Must have proven analytical, problem solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Proven ability to cultivate long term partnerships with faith community
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English