You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview In case you are shortlisted
Job Title : Communications & Marketing Manager
Reporting to : National Director
Grade Level : 16
Work Location : Nairobi
Purpose of Position
To increase the overall influence, income and impact of World Vision in Kenya. This includes providing overall leadership to the Communications & Marketing team in support of WV Kenya’s National Office strategy, objectives and aspirations. Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality spiritual life that is an example to others.
Communications & Marketing Business Plan 25%
- Develop and implement Context-driven and integrated communications and marketing business plan that supports organizational strategy (at national and Partnership levels), and that strongly directs and positions WV Kenya for resource growth, “voice,” policy positions, trust, reputation, and influence to internal and external stakeholders (government, media, private sector, academia, health/water/education/livelihoods sectors, non-governmental organizations and the WVI Partnership). This business plan will identify the key communications and marketing needs of World Vision Kenya, while setting and steering strategic communications and marketing goals and processes that are contextualized to and in alignment with its core ministry functions and goals and to that of Our Promise.
- Build a high performance communications & marketing function that is managed, structured, focused and resourced for productive and quality work.
- Execute and ensure strong monitoring and evaluation of the plan, including ensuring deliverables that are continuously improved.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the National Director as a communications and organizational leader
- Ensure senior and cross-functional teams have broad understanding of how communications integrates with and strengthens organizational strategy, programming, operations, resource acquisition, and support functions.
- Support the WVK National Resources Development (NRD) Committee of the Executive Board as a technical resource support
- Provide spiritual leadership and input to the organization and guidance to the communications and marketing department
Partnerships and Strategic External Engagement 20%
- Develop Evidence-based content for resource generation, sponsorship transformation and ministry
- Ensure that external engagement business planning is mapped, developed and implemented in partnership with advocacy team
- Create an organization external engagement plan to enable WVK’s Leadership to further cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences for the purpose of building country partnerships and expanding financial support.
- Seek and identify local & global influencers who can serve as ambassadors for WVK in reaching out to external stakeholders
- Recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support country team
- Upon delegation from the National Director, act as a key outward-facing ambassador of the organization at public events, conferences, meetings, etc.
- Support SLT’s relationship management efforts with donors, corporations and high level government officials
- Exercise judgment to prioritize WVK’s media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting materials, as needed
Marketing and Fundraising 20%
- Develop a high performing marketing function to build organizational capacity to raise local sources of funding to better and more sustainably support the ministry World Vision
- Provide strategic direction for business development to pursue funding, through support in the development and implementation of the external engagement plan as well as via identification of resources, key stakeholders and relationship building and management;
- Work with Business Development Unit to develop related capacity statements, funding proposals, with particular focus on the private sector, philanthropists and Kenyan high net worth givers.
- Manage the production and provision of high quality information resources and materials for donor and public engagement
Social Media Marketing 10%
- Develop and oversee effective social and multimedia strategy across channels
- Leverage channels like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc to grow WVK’s brand awareness and continuous brand building
- Leverage social advertising and engagement for resource mobilization
Reputation Risk & Influence Management 10%
- Strategically position World Vision in mainstream and social media to mobilize public support for social and policy change
- Ensure reputational risks are managed in an agile and proactive way, in line with WVI global standards
- Identify national, regional and international events for WVK’s Senior Leadership that offer opportunities for networking and influence
- Work with WVK National Director and country team to identify communications challenges and emerging issues faced by WVK’s country programs
Internal Communications 10%
- Develop a strong internal communications function that mobilizes staff for strategy, ministry execution and impact
- Working with the People & Culture (HR) department develop robust internal communications that engage all WV Kenya staff to support the desired organizational culture.
- Participate in Trans teams and support other initiatives by partners in the spirit of integration
- Any other duties as might be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in Political Science / Communications / Public Affairs/ Journalism or similar field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in, and a track record of, strategic communications/marketing/external engagement in the private and/or public sector, including experience in developing relationships with the private sector and government
- Member of Public Relations Society of Kenya, Marketing Society of Kenya or any other relevant professional body
- Experience leading and managing communications and production teams in international NGOs or Creative Industries
- Ability to build productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A track record of managing or leading resource mobilization programs
- Strategic thinker, entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to do what it takes to “get the job done”
- Ability to travel, both regionally and internationally, if needed
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of international development and the communication and media industry
- Advanced Photo and Video production, editorial, graphic design and media skills
- Proven experience of training and capacity building of others
- Advanced level of computer proficiency, Mac and PC, including editing skills across
- Adobe and Apple software for video, photo, media, design
- Experience working with children and youth
- Spiritual maturity, interfaith knowledge and a biblical worldview – Ability to articulate and model WV’s Christian identity and mission in an inclusive way.
- Demonstration of well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-management/resilience and emotional maturity.
- Team player