WFP Job in Dubai
Graphic Designer SC-5
United Arab Emirates
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education. Certification or diploma in graphic design, fine arts, marketing and advertising, media would be an advantage. First university degree in graphic design, fine arts, marketing and advertising, media and communications or related area is preferable.
- At least five years of experience as graphic designer.
- Proficiency in the following design programmes and software: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, CoreIDraw, Premiere Pro, MS Office, AfterEffects, Audition and Flash.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skill, i.e. MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher, MS Word, MS Visio and Excel is required.
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of offset and digital printing processes.
- Expertise in designing and preparing both digital and print ready files.
Fluency working knowledge of English and Arabic language.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. On average, WFP reaches more than 90 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year.
WFP’s operation in the UAE was established in 2001 and has since become a crucial base for global humanitarian operations, supporting the emergency preparedness and fast intervention activities of both WFP and its humanitarian partners. The strategic location of the UAE, world-class logistics infrastructure, supportive host government and access to huge supplier markets makes WFP in the UAE ideally situated to deliver critical aid services to operations around the world.
Position Title: Graphic Designer
Level: SC 5
Salary: Starting from AED 13,216.26 per month (inclusive of pension), plus insurance and other entitlements
Duration of Employment: 12 months with possibility of extension
Under the direct supervision of the Communications & Engagement Officer, the incumbent, based in Dubai-UAE, will be in charge of the development and improvement of designs and artworks, take lead on all visuals and graphics for WFP GCC information products, reports, multimedia and publications. He/She will ensure that products and reports are in accordance with the World Food Programme graphic guidelines, providing the best possible solutions to WFP colleagues, clients and stakeholders to ensure strong visibility and advocacy of WFP’s mandate in the UAE and GCC. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Design information products, developing visualizations to reinforce WFP key messages and advocacy mandate.
- Ensure all publications, reports, infographics, brochures, flyers are developed in line with WFP’s graphic guidelines.
- Maintain and further develop the graphic guidelines, in line with WFP’s mandate.
- Develop design proposals for public information campaigns, conferences, events and meetings such graphics for multimedia, branding and signs, posters, brochures, reports and web graphics.
- Design templates for new publications and products in cooperation with author.
- Improve and edit artworks, photos, charts and other graphics.
- Edit photographic and video material into usable clips.
- Contribute to developing multimedia products for web and social networking platforms, including video and photo projects illustrating WFP GCC initiatives.
- Archive completed tasks on the unit’s server or shared drive.
- Any other tasks requested by the Supervisor and Head of Office.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Media and Influencer Relationship Management||Demonstrates ability to respond to and/or escalate needs of media and influencers within own scope of responsibility to raise the profile of WFP, build relationships and further organisational aims.|
|Media and Communication Expertise||Collates accurate and timely information presented in required format (i.e. written or visual materials) as well as verbally, to enable information flows and informed decision making on communications issues.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Communications||Exhibits specalised technical knowledge of communications channels processes, tools and techniques. In immediate area of responsibility, provides support in developing written, visual, audio and multi-media content for communications materials and suggestions for improved communications processes.|
|Sociopolitical Contextual Understanding||Shows awareness of the multilateral/interagency environment and the dynamics in which WFP operates which informs approach to daily tasks.|
|Communication Strategy and Planning||Demonstrates sound understanding of WFP communications strategy and effectively implements tailored media and communications plans which support the delivery of the strategy.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform routine communication techniques and activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work.
- Working experience in a development or humanitarian environment is an added advantage.
- Basic understanding of web development (HTML, Java script etc) technologies and GIS is an asset.
- Knowledge of WFP Communications and Management tools is prefered.
- Demonstrated experience in communications campaigns graphic design work.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The United Nations World Food Programme is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates and UAE Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
23rd of January 2019.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Above texts are copied from UN WFP Official Web Page (WFP.org)
Copyright 2018 © World Food Programme
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
UN Job in New York | Programme Management Assistant, G5 | DPPA-DPO
UN Job in Abu Dhabi | Programme Management Officer (Project Post), P3 | UNEP
UN Job Opening – UNEP FINANCE AND BUDGET ASSISTANT, G6 Duty Station: NAIROBI, KENYA Posting Period: 07 June 2019 –