Requisition # 128362 – Posted 27/10/2020 – Short Term Monthly – Asia, Southern – Bangladesh – Cox’s Bazaar – Working Job Language (1) – INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract: Short Term Professional (STP P3)
Position Title: Head of Digital Solutions
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Duration: 11 monthsABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
Cox’s Bazar is currently hosting close to nearly 900,000 refugees – registered refugees and Forcibly Displaced Myanmar Nationals (FDMNs). The World Food Programme (WFP) is providing general food assistance, self-reliance and livelihood support, disaster risk reduction, nutrition, and school feeding programmes to respond to the refugee crisis. Further, WFP has scaled up host community support for over 300,000 people in Ukhiya, Teknaf and other three sub-divisions who have been negatively impacted by the influx of refugees. To respond to the growing demands more efficiently and effectively as well as in an accountable manner, WFP has explored innovative digital solutions to deliver different assistance to the people WFP serves.
The Head of Digital Solutions will be supervised by the Deputy Emergency Coordinator- Operation and Services. Portfolio for the Head of Digital Solutions will include:
- SCOPE beneficiary and transfer management platform
- Building Blocks (BB) platform for delivery management
- Multi wallet services (in both SCOPE and BB) for WFP interventions beyond general food distribution and e-voucher, and external partnerships like UNICEF for soaps, IOM for LPG amongst others; and
- Digital transformation and applied technology- basically digitization of manual process across programme and operation work, and roll out corporate data collection tools like MODA and Sugar Client Relationship Management.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Oversee the implementation of WFP’s Beneficiary and Transfer Management Systems including both SCOPE and Building Blocks operation, but also design of new tools as required.
- Ensure that various digital solutions or platforms are interoperable and coherent with each other in a way that contributes to coordinated programming, both internally for WFP programmes and externally with other key agency systems and programmes;
- Oversee SCOPE business and operations, including SCOPE prioritization, multi wallet partnerships, long-term plans, budgets, and staff
- Support Building Blocks expansion (particularly in terms of acting as intermediary between Building Blocks technical team and Programme units)
- Oversee scale-up of existing solutions (e.g., SCOPE, Building Blocks, SugarCRM, MoDa, conditionality tracking, etc.)
- Work with the Technology (TEC) units in Headquarter (HQ) to ensure that customs developments (if any) are coordinated through TEC and meet Freedom in a Framework guidelines
- Identify focus areas for system improvement and development of additional features and functions.
- Conceptualize and execute strategic visions for how programmatic and operational requirements can be improved by using digital solutions
- Work with business units to clearly define business requirements and translate them into practical digital solutions
- Coordinate efforts of multiple stakeholders to scale-up identified solutions (e.g., Programme, support units, HQ TEC, Regional Bureau (RBB), etc.)
- Manage the delivery of interagency platform for common cash system pilot, in consultation with HQ and regional bureau technical colleagues, from design through to implementation, including desired features and installation options, aligned with available budget;
- Oversee data sharing agreements, and implementation of those agreements, with key agencies, particularly UNHCR
- Act as project coordinator/manager for WFP-UNHCR Biometric Interoperability project
- Work closely with Gender and Protection units to ensure that unique risks associated with any given digital solution are identified and mitigated (e.g., data protection; ability of vulnerable individuals to engage with a particular solution; etc)
15. Perform any other duties related to digital solutions, as needed.QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQURIED
Academic and Language Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Business Management, Development Studies, Economics, Computer Science, Information Technologies or other relevant fields, or a Bachelor’s degree in the above field(s) with additional years of related work experience
- Fluency (level C) in English language, both written and oral, and excellent presentation skill. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language (Chinese, Arabic, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese) is an asset.
Experiences & Skills:
- At least 5 years of progressive professional experience in the field of international relief, recovery, or development.
- At least 2 years of experience in working with digital platforms to manage beneficiary database and manage transfer of entitlements. WFP Cash-Based Transfers (CBT) experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in designing and/or executing digital solutions and information technologies. Familiarity with WFP Technology is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative) is required.
- Experience in executing strategic visions and designing innovative projects. Experience in planning and implementing pilot projects with digital solutions preferred.
- Experience in planning, design and implementation of humanitarian and development programmes with relevant work experience at the country or implementation level in developing countries. Project management skills and experience are required.
- Experience in managing a team and building effective partnerships with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds in humanitarian and development contexts.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Monday, 09 November 2020 (Midnight Bangladesh time)TO APPLY
Candidate are requested to create an account in WFP E-Recruitment system before applying. Please also include your CV with a cover letter, highlighting your motivation and suitability for this vacancy, as part of an online application. Click ‘Apply’ link below to start the application process
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary, post adjustment, Rest & Recuperation (R&R), shipment allowances, 2.5 annual leave per month, pension plan and medical insurance.
Please visit https://www.wfp.org/countries/bangladesh to learn more about WFP’s operations in Bangladesh..
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.