WFP Job Opening
Business Support Assistant G3, Procurement
Italy - Brindisi
Business Support Assistant G3 (Procurement)
United Nations Humanitarian Response Depot (UNHRD) Brindisi
The World Food Programme (WFP), the world’s largest humanitarian agency and the United Nations’ frontline agency fighting the global war on hunger, is seeking a Business Support Assistant at the G3 level for a Fixed-Term appointment located in our offices in Brindisi, Italy.
Applicants must reside within commuting distance
of the duty station Brindisi, Italy
- Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Proofread written documents, such as standard reports and correspondence, to contribute to the accuracy of written information developed by staff.
- Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
- Make travel arrangements and support events, ect, to support staff to work effectively.
- Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff.
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available for the business team.
OTHER POST REQUIREMENTS (as determined by Post Manager/s)
- In charge of Vendor Management for Brindisi hub as well as for the Network, if required;
- Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to assist the unit in the Market Research for Brindisi hub as well as for the Network;
- Support the maintenance of procurement unit files and take care of protocol;
- Internal Customer Service (triage of requests);
- Acts as alternate for colleagues when required.
Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust data discrepancies.
- Identify and resolve operational problems.
- Ability to communicate moderately complex matters clearly and concisely.
- Ability to perform detailed work, work of a confidential nature and/or to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
STANDARD MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Work Experience: Three or more years of experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Knowledge of standardised business support work routines and methods.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Uses tack and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
- Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
Language: Working knowledge (proficiency/FAO level C) of English and Italian. Knowledge of English, both written and oral, will be tested as part of the selection process.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Applicants must be within commuting distance of the duty station Brindisi, Italy.
Applicants may be:
- Italian nationals holding a valid passport and/or identity card.
- EU citizens holding a valid passport and/or identity card; AND with confirmed registration from the Italian police authorities or Registrar’s Office (Anagrafe).
- Non-EU citizens holding a valid Italian Resident Permit ie. Permesso di Soggiorno.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 6 January 2019
Above texts are copied from UN WFP Official Web Page (WFP.org)
Copyright 2018 © World Food Programme
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Associate Programme Management Officer( Multiple Positions) Level : P-2Job ID : 216794Job Network : Economic, Social and DevelopmentJob Family :
Programme Policy Officer (Durable Solutions and Refugee Integration – Coordination Consultant)Requisition ID: 829922 – Posted on 13/10/2023 – Short Term Monthly – Africa, Western – MauritaniaNouakchott – Working Job Language (1) – PROGRAMME