Business & Data Analyst Officer NOA
Erbil - Iraq
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The job holder is part of the beneficiaries services team under ICT Unit of the Baghdad Country Office (CO) and reports directly to the International Business Transformation team lead . S/he Lead the data and business analysis team responsible for ensuring data acquisition, integration and reporting processes are in place and implemented
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to capturing, analysis and documentation (i.e. through diagrams, flowcharts, data models, user experience designs, storyboards) of business requirements for IT solutions and services following WFP policies, standards, and strategies.
2. Work with more senior team members to communicate business requirements to business counterparts, for a shared understanding of the requirements and effective implementation of strategies/plans.
3. Contribute to the baselining and tracking of business requirements through to implementation for efficient management of change.
4. Test and analyze IT solutions and document the match against business requirements for quality and accuracy.
5. Maintain contacts with business counterparts to bring their requests into IT and keep them informed of actions.
6. Maintain up-to-date the service catalog of IT solutions offered to the business, including current, retired and those in the pipeline to support effective knowledge management.
7. Review how IT service levels align with SLAs for solutions or services focused on the business and alert service managers of discrepancies. Assist to survey business satisfaction with IT solutions and services.
8. Support project managers in managing estimates, business cases, planning, risk identification, issue management for the effective delivery of IT solutions.
9. Adhere to processes and procedures for the Business Relationship Management, Business Analysis and IT Project Management functions to ensure compliance and consistency.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS (details to be determined by Post Managers):
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Assist the BTO in Developing and implementing Iraq country office’s Data Strategy.
- Act as focal point for data partnerships that support and enable our strategy
- Drive culture and literacy changes required to become a data-driven country office.
- Lead the data and business analysis team responsible for ensuring data acquisition, integration and reporting processes are in place and implemented.
- Manage the product roadmaps, and timelines.
- Work actively with different units to prioritize activities.
- Gather and analyze business and data requirements
- Provide reliable estimates for time and cost related to the implementation
- Review feasibility and impact related to requirements changes
- Work with the BTO to review data risks, identify and escalate issues which could affect the outcomes
- Provide input on data governance mechanisms that comply with organizational guidelines and ensure they are being adhered in the country office.
- Ensure data architecture aligns with data products and integration needs.
Other Experience required
- Experience creating/using digital media and data visualization platforms;
- Experience in developing project plans;
- Strong track record of delivering results in a complex environment;
- Experience working on information technology projects.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or training/course.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Kurdish. The Arabic language is required but not a disqualifier.
EXPERIENCE: At least 6 years of postgraduate progressively responsible experience in business analysis, business process mapping, software implementation, project management, data management or other relevant fields.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Shares knowledge of IT governance process and system architecture development with team and analyses current designs for improvements and enhancements while ensuring compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes.|
|Change Implementation, Project Management, Planning and Optimization||Utilises working knowledge of project and change management approaches to collect and analyse relevant data from multiple stakeholders to develop evidence-based business case for change.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Requirement Definition & Management||Exhibits thorough understanding of business areas and processes to define, prioritize and customize IT infrastructure solutions to requirements.|
|Strategic Account Management||Facilitates open communication and discussion with clients to assess and promote understanding of need for future changes in services, products and systems, resulting in overall client satisfaction.|
|Business Analysis||Has in-depth understanding of operational requirements, business issues and opportunities to conduct stakeholder and benefit analysis of options to identify effective and optimal automated/ non-automated solutions that meet business needs.|
- Ability to explain complex matters to influence a variety of audiences and possess exceptional verbal and written communicational skills;
- Ability to think strategically, plan effectively and prioritize actions;
- Creative problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail and strong organizational/coordinating skills;
- Client-oriented mentality and ability to build productive working relationship
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience convening working groups and events with an audience of cross-functional stakeholders;
- Demonstrable experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Technical knowledge and understanding of data infrastructure;
- An understanding data visualization and data structures;
- Experience of working with a broad range of data visualization, manipulation, reporting and analytic tools;
- Effectively able to translate business needs into technical requirements;
- Good understanding of project management methodologies;
- First-hand knowledge of WFP operations and processes.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
20 December 2018
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Above texts are copied from UN WFP Official Web Page (WFP.org)
Copyright 2018 © World Food Programme
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
22 Job Openings in Lebanon
As of 27 September 2020