Light Vehicle Fleet Specialist
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Light Vehicle Fleet Specialist
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
Dubai, UAE – with extensive periods (75%) spent in field locations
11-months (with the potential for extension)
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. Present in nearly 80 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
The WFP Fleet Centre team based in Dubai centrally manages WFP’s acquisition of vehicle assets, significantly reducing our operational costs and ensuring we have the right vehicles on hand to reach the communities we serve. The Fleet Centre also provides a range of fleet management support services including fully comprehensive insurance, driver training to promote road safety and security, vehicle tracking systems, fleet management systems support and in country fleet management support to WFP Country Offices. Our team in Dubai centrally manages WFP’s global vehicle pool, reducing operational costs, supporting optimised use of vehicles, and allowing WFP to be flexible and responsive by providing vehicles suitable for every operational environment.
The selected Light Vehicle Fleet Specialist will be based in the WFP Fleet Centre, Dubai and under the direct supervision of the Light Vehicle Fleet Services Manager.
Within delegated authority, the Light Vehicle Fleet Specialist is responsible for providing technical fleet management support to WFP Offices. This support will be provided both in country (through missions) and remotely from Dubai. This support will focus on fleet assessments, the development and implementation of Country Office (CO) Fleet Plans, and ongoing fleet management support to CO Fleet Teams.
During emergency response interventions, the Light Vehicle Fleet Specialist will be deployed to independently set up and manage fleet operations. More specifically he/she will be accountable for the following duties:
Conducting CO Fleet Assessments
- Data analysis from Fleet Management System (FMS) on current fleet size, profile, utilization, performance and costs
- In country assessment of fleet size, profile, and operational performance
- Define fleet requirements based on operational need – size, profile, vehicle models, locations, etc.
- Review and revise staff requirements including roles and responsibilities
- Conduct a process & procedure gap analysis
- Define optimal maintenance solutions
- Complete risk assessment: safety, environmental, and financial
Developing CO Fleet Plans
- Support CO Fleet Teams in the development of their Fleet Plan
- Transition plan to achieve optimal fleet size and profile
- Maintenance plan
- Fuel management plan
- Driver management plan
- Staff plan
- Data capture, recording and reporting process
- Fleet budget
Supporting the implementation of CO Fleet Plans
- Providing remote and in country support to CO Fleet Teams throughout the implementation process from preparation, change management to process development and training.
Ongoing Fleet Management Support to CO
- Monthly analysis and review of CO fleet metrics in FMS reports
- Identify areas for intervention and improvement. Advise and guide CO Fleet Teams on key actions / activities
- Regular contact with CO Fleet Teams to review and support activities that improve fleet performance
Fleet Management Support to Emergency Operations
- Deploy to Emergency Operations as required
- Manage and conduct needs assessment – define LV fleet size & profile required
- Identify sourcing options: GVLP v local (rent, lease, local purchase,)
- Importation & Registration – confirm/map process, identify challenges,
- Identify maintenance options
- Identify fuel supply options
- Technical support to procurement process for vendor selection
- Support vendor selection, contract set up and management
- Develop an exit plan
- Manage and/or carry out complex data analysis to prepare various reports for management and clients with the accurate information used towards efficient planning and decision-making
- Perform other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Knowledge & Skills:
CLOSING DATE: 5 January 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Above texts are copied from UN WFP Official Web Page (WFP.org)
Copyright 2018 © World Food Programme
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
UN Job Openings in the Professional and Higher Categories as of 25 September 2020
UN Job Openings in the General Services and Related Categories as of 24 September 2020
UN Jobs for international Professionals. Different Positions in Different Duty Stations. As of 10 February 2018