Data Analyst (Retail & Supply Chain) - SC 4
Beirut - Lebanon
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job Title: Data Analyst (Retail & Supply Chain) – SC 4
Duty Station: Beirut, Lebanon Country Office
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Retail Manager and the technical guidance of the Supply Chain Division and Retail Data team in Headquarters, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Locate, define and implement new process improvement opportunities in data quality at various levels (Shops, Software companies, products, field office level and country office level);
- Filter and clean data, review of reports, printouts and performance indicators to support the Retail Engagement;
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports from a variety of Retail data sources to support decision-making;
- With the support of Headquarter’s Retail Analytics Team, develop a Category Management Dashboard to be used by our Monitoring Assistants and Retail Assistants with the contracted shops;
- Acquire data from data sources such as publications, country statistics and external sources on the Retail industry;
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to support Retail strategy and the move to unrestricted cash;
- Produce regular reporting and Dashboard for various stakeholders;
- Work closely with the team to prioritize business and information needs;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of Secondary School Education. University Degree in Statistics, Economics, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other related field is a plus.
Experience: At least three (3) years of progressive experience in in the fields of Statistics, Economics, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other related fields. Experience/knowledge in Retail or Retail insights regarding data is a plus.
Knowledge and skills :
- Very good command of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, macro functions, advanced functions…);
- Knowledge of SQL; MS SQL Server is a plus;
- Ability to analyze big data;
- Experience using data visualization tools. Knowledge of Tableau is a plus
- Ability to adapt to new requirements when needed
- Ability to adapt to various stakeholders requests.
- Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, and courtesy.
- Mature judgment with good communication and interpersonal skills
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Above texts are copied from UN WFP Official Web Page (WFP.org)
Copyright 2018 © World Food Programme
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
UN Job Openings at the Field Services categories as of 10 February 2023
Staff in the Field Service category are normally recruited internationally to serve in field missions. You are expected to be highly mobile and to serve in different locations during your career.
UN Job Openings at the Professional at higher categories as of 10 February 2023
Staff members in the Professional and higher categories (P and D) are normally internationally recruited and are expected to serve at different duty stations throughout their career with the Organization.
UN Job Openings As of 11 November 2022
We want people with integrity. People who are fair, impartial, honest and truthful. We want dynamic and adaptable persons who are not afraid to think creatively, to be proactive, flexible and responsive.