Field Monitor Assistant (EFSN) SC5
Bangladesh - Bandarban
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Job holder requires working closely with various partners/ stakeholders and monitoring Enhancing Food Security and Nutrition (EFSN) Programme activities, reporting and follow up as well as guidance to the partners’ staff for effective implementation.
Coordinate and perform monitoring of Enhancing Food Security and Nutrition (EFSN) Programme activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Rangamati Sub Office and the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Assistant (Business Development), Field Monitoring Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordinate and monitor implementation of WFP assisted Enhanced Food Security and Nutrition (EFSN) programme across Bandarban district;
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative reports based on field monitoring findings, including recommended follow up actions to ensure programme goals are achieved, share with cooperating partners and ensure follow up actions are completed on a timely manner;
- Assist WFP Head of Sub office and cooperating partner in encouraging women’s access to economic skills development and sensitization public opinions on gender issues and gender focused activities;
- Provide guidance, on-the-job training, and ensuring range of activities under the Implementing partners of the EFSN program, of which key activities include organizing women’s groups; capacity building like entrepreneurship, skills trainings; cash allowance; empowerment activities; Behavior Change Communication sessions; savings etc.
- Conduct training sessions as necessary.
- Collect and summarise assistance programme(s) data, collaborating with implementing partners where required, conduct analysis and prepare reports in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with implementing partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Provide standard trainings for implementing partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to independently self-monitor and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Organize and undertake regular field monitoring visits, and produce reports, case studies, as required, on monitoring observations and similar.
- Regularly meet and liaise all stakeholders, including local government.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Any other duties as required
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)||Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.|
|Knowledge of Specialized Areas||Understands basic technical concepts and data andtheir relevance to food assistance programmes.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt||Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.|
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Has experience in organizing women’s groups, research, conducting analyses, and supervision and coordination skills.
- Experience in conducting training sessions. Familiar with livelihoods support, including cash transfer and women’s empowerment activities for the poorest.
- Familiarity with the geographical and cultural context of Chittagong Hill Tracts.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in one or more of the following: Social Science, Economics, Development Studies, or a field relevant to development and poverty reduction.
Experience : At least 2 years’ experience in the similar field. And candidate having prior experience of working in the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) will be given priority.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Bangla and English. Candidate must be familiar with one or two local indigenous language of Chittagong Hill Tracts.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type: Service Contract; SC5
Contract Duration: 1 year, renewable
Duty Station: Bandarban, Bangladesh
Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary: BDT. 86,452
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit an online application by 04 December 2018.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Above texts are copied from UN WFP Official Web Page (WFP.org)
Copyright 2018 © World Food Programme
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Associate Programme Management Officer( Multiple Positions) Level : P-2Job ID : 216794Job Network : Economic, Social and DevelopmentJob Family :
Programme Policy Officer (Durable Solutions and Refugee Integration – Coordination Consultant)Requisition ID: 829922 – Posted on 13/10/2023 – Short Term Monthly – Africa, Western – MauritaniaNouakchott – Working Job Language (1) – PROGRAMME