WFP Job Opening
Business Support Assistant IT SC3
Jordan - Amman
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Job holders typically provide IT support to team(s) and/or support a specific business stream, and report to the IT Officer. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work.
To deliver a range of routine IT support tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Act as a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for ICT service requests, incidents and problems
- Answering phone calls, emails, user’s questions/inquiries and advise the users on getting the services and resolving ICT problems
- Log all service requests, incidents, problems into the service desk system and maintain log of all requests and ICT forms
- Provide first level support to end users and route 2nd and 3rd ICT technical troubles to the concerns
- Follow up with the users on pending ICT service requests, incidents, and problems. Provide feedback to users and follow up with ICT team on the pending troubles
- Generate daily, weekly, monthly reports of technical incidents, problems, and other reports as needed
- Contribute to prepare ICT manuals, operation manuals, training manuals, and others
- Maintain the documentations and archiving of ICT files and documents. make photocopies of materials required, classifies files and electronic.
- Maintain electronic information in place and update the office intranet, etc.
- Implement data entry and updates ICT systems as needed
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: Three or more years of experience in general IT Support.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills.
- Basic knowledge of the ITIL foundation concept is an added value
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Detailed information and submitting of your application can be made through WFP E-Recruitment System.
Internal WFP staff can access the VA through LMS/ CAREER page through the following link: http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
External applicants kindly follow the below link: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Make sure that you answer all mandatory questions and to attach your updated CV.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates meeting the required qualifications will be contacted.
- CV should submitted only in English.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
22 December 2018
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Above texts are copied from UN WFP Official Web Page (WFP.org)
Copyright 2018 © World Food Programme
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Associate Programme Management Officer( Multiple Positions) Level : P-2Job ID : 216794Job Network : Economic, Social and DevelopmentJob Family :
Programme Policy Officer (Durable Solutions and Refugee Integration – Coordination Consultant)Requisition ID: 829922 – Posted on 13/10/2023 – Short Term Monthly – Africa, Western – MauritaniaNouakchott – Working Job Language (1) – PROGRAMME