Career Opportunities: Call for Applications - Web Developers (hourly/daily consultant) - Beirut Country Office (101285)
Requisition # 101285 – Posted 08/11/2018 – Short Term-SSA WFP – Middle East – Lebanon – Beirut
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
Special Service Agreement (SSA)
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
In Lebanon, the World Food Programme currently runs an e-card system as its primary form of food assistance for vulnerable Syrian and Lebanese families who cannot meet their basic food needs. Cards are loaded each month with US$ 27 per person and can be used to buy food in any of the 500 contracted shops across Lebanon. This system allows refugees to choose the makeup of their meals, gives them access to fresh produce and significantly boosts the local economy.
With the goal of providing excellence in user service for the people we serve, WFP is looking for a Full Stack Web Developer to assist the current team in their current development tasks and deliver well-documented maintainable code.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of IT unit, the Developer will perform the following tasks:
- Make technical and architectural decisions in order to ensure that the product is delivered efficiently and with clearly explained technical rationale
- Develop and deliver high-quality code, under the supervision of the lead developer
- Collaborate with the other team members of the project as requested
- Perform any other task as required
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
At the end of the assignment, the developer will be expected to have produced code that enables:
- Implementing reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Implementing the system while adhering to architecture design, guidelines and best practices.
- Providing a good documentation of the code for future referral and maintenance
Education: Secondary School Education. University degree in Design, Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology is a plus.
Experience: At least two (2) years of professional experience in Software or Web Development.
Languages: Fluency in both written and oral communication in English and Arabic.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Technical Skills Required:
- Good working experience in PHP.
- Good experience in using Laravel Framework.
- A good understanding of REST API fundamentals.
- Good Experience with Angular Framework.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools (such as git)
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Ability to interact with managers with maturity and tact
- Mature judgment with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative spirit able to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels