Career Opportunities: Administration Assistant G5 (101061)
Requisition # 101061 – Posted 05/11/2018 – Fixed Term – Asia, Southern – Cambodia – Phnom-Penh
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
This post opens to Cambodian Nationality only
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP’s mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 as per the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 2. It works to ensure that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In the period 2019-2023, through the Country Strategic Plan (CSP), WFP Cambodia will contribute to achieving Zero Hunger by promoting access to nutritious diets through home grown school feeding and improving climate smart food production and transformation capacities of small holder farming communities. WFP will help set standards and guidelines for food transformation to satisfy the increasing demand for nutritious processed and convenient foods. WFP will leverage its subnational presence and existing implementation relationships to build scalable models for replication nationally, and enable subnational counterparts’ hands-on learning in intervention planning, management and implementation.
Further, WFP will support national and subnational disaster and climate change risk management and assist national strategic direction and coordination on food security, nutrition and social protection through enhanced information systems, knowledge management, and public-private and south-south partnerships.
The CSP aims to contribute to five Strategic Outcomes that are aligned to four Strategic Results of SDG 2 (Zero Hunger) and SDG 17 (Partnerships for Development). A total of 6 Activities are planned to be implemented to achieve the contributions to the five Strategic Outcomes. The five strategic outcomes are:
Strategic Outcome 1
Vulnerable communities in Cambodia have access to nutritious, safe, diverse, convenient, affordable and preferred foods by 2025
Strategic Outcome 2
Poor and vulnerable communities in Cambodia are more resilient to shocks and stresses in the food system by 2023
Strategic Outcome 3
National and subnational institutions have strengthened capacities to mitigate risks and lead coordinated shock preparedness and response efforts by 2025
Strategic Outcome 4
National and subnational institutions in Cambodia have strengthened capacities to develop, coordinate and implement well-informed, effective, and equitable actions for achieving food security and nutrition by 2030
Strategic Outcome 5
Development and humanitarian partners in Cambodia have access to common supply chain services throughout the year.
CSP Position Title: Administration Assistant
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Appointment
Grade: GS – 5
Duration: One year (extendable)
Duty Station: WFP Country Office, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reporting Line: Under the overall supervision of the Head of Support Services Unit, this position reports to the Administration Officer.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Check the provision of a range of services, including facilities and light vehicle management, travel, protocol related, etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Initiate and manage procurement processes of goods/services of small value (micro purchase) for the CO. Ensure that terms on gender equality, protection from child labor and sexual exploitation and abuse in enterprise are included in all tender documents.
- Actively engage in the procurement process of all administrative purchases, especially UN common long term agreements, and ensure timely and effective delivery of goods/services by the vendors.
- Assist the Admin Officer in controlling office inventory and perform inventory physical count for CO and KM6 Warehouses.
- Maintain, consolidate and submit the estimated/actual amount of the periodic fuel consumption of WFP to the UN Development Programme (UNDP) for tax exemption.
- Produce monthly fuel and maintenance consumption reports.
- Actively support the vehicle fleet management, including insurance and maintenance.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English
|Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
|Business Support Services & Reporting
|Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.
|Internal Controls & Risk Management
|Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client’s critical activities.
|Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services
|Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.
|Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience, possibly with increasing level of responsibility.
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with the employer’s operating standards through day to day work.
- Has experience in dealing with new staff inductions, handling protocol matters and organizing events.
- Has experience using SAP based business management tools and applications as relevant to administration, travel management, global equipment management system, and fleet management system and/or similar.
How to Apply:
- Create an account on the WFP Career Website: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
- Under Filter By “Country”, type “Cambodia” and select the position you want to apply to.
- The vacancy of the post will be closed on Wednesday, 14th November 2018 at 17:00 GMT+7
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to an inclusive working environment
which values diversity and has zero tolerance for discrimination, harassment and abuse of any kind.
- WFP is committed to gender equality and parity (50% women and 50% men) and to diversity more generally, among employees across all grades, functions and contract modalities. WFP supports the use of flexible working arrangements to assist women and men in balancing work and personal responsibilities, translating into effective, efficient and dedicated participation of women and men in the workforce.
- WFP offers an attractive salary and other benefits, including annual leave, parental leave and health insurance for staff and eligible dependents. Kindly see the following weblinks for more information: (http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/cambodia.htm)
- WFP Work Environment: WFP is committed to ensuring that all its workplaces are free from abuse, offensive behavior, harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. WFP does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. WFP is also committed to promoting a work culture in which every employee understands, and is able to carry out, his/her personal responsibilities for maintaining the dignity of work colleagues. WFP seeks to promote gender equality and the empowerment of women. We believe our mission of fighting global hunger worldwide can only be achieved if women, men, girls and boys are offered equal opportunities in terms of access to resources and services, and participation in decision making roles.