Career Opportunities: User Experience (UX) Designer - SSA 6 (Lebanon Country Office, Beirut) (101051)
Requisition # 101051 – Posted 30/10/2018 – Short Term-SSA WFP – Middle East – Lebanon – Beirut
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
This Vacancy Announcement will close on 12 November 2018 at 11:59 PM, Rome Time
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
– Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Lebanon, the World Food Programme currently runs an e-card system as its primary form of food assistance for vulnerable Syrian and Lebanese families who cannot meet their basic food needs. Cards are loaded each month with US$ 27 per person and can be used to buy food in any of the contracted shops across Lebanon or at an ATM. This system allows refugees to choose the makeup of their meals, gives them access to fresh produce and significantly boosts the local economy.
To help people redeem their cash assistance as effectively and as easily as possible, WFP Lebanon developed Dalili. The smartphone application collects all relevant information in contract shops (items, prices, promotions, location) and synthesize them for customers, to help them make informed decision on their purchasing options. A secondary aim of the app is to boost local market efficiency, improving competition and driving down prices for the most popular products. The application was piloted in the Bekaa region in June 2018, and due to its promising results is made available across Lebanon in Q4 2018. Yet further developments are required to make the application as impactful as possible. Potential additional features should be prototyped, tested early and designed in a manner that is both intuitive and helpful to users.
To that end, WFP Lebanon Country Office is looking for an experienced User Experience (UX) Designer to support the research and future development of the application. This role is expected to understand business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes and mockups. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and to ensure a great user experience, iterating upon it in accordance with user-testing.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate the Country Office and Dalili team product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Generate user research feedback that can be used to inform product or design decision by management
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders as required
- Any other tasks required by the project team or Country Office
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Secondary School Education. University degree in Design, Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology is a plus.
Experience: At least three (3) years of UX design experience or UX-related activities such as user research, design thinking, web design, etc..
Language: Fluency in both written and oral communication in English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated experience working within or leading high-performance software development teams
- Strong client orientation, conscientious, good interpersonal skills and an ability to work in multicultural settings
- Mature judgment with strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative spirit able to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, Axure, InVision, Webflow, and the like. HTML, CSS, SASS or (LESS) skills are a plus.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Ability to work closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.