UNIFIL Job Vacancies
LOGISTICS ASSISTANT, G5
Naqoura - Lebanon
|Posting Title:||LOGISTICS ASSISTANT, G5|
|Job Code Title:||LOGISTICS ASSISTANT|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon|
|Posting Period:||31 August 2018 – 14 September 2018|
|Job Opening Number:||18-Logistics and Supply Chain-UNIFIL-103248-R-Naqoura (M)|
Org. Setting and Reporting
These two positions are located in Operations & Coordination Unit in the Mission Support Centre, United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), Naqoura. The incumbents will report to the Logistics Officer or his/her designate.
• Support more senior staff with respect to all aspects of major services contracts.
• Prepare requisitions/raise service entry sheets or other required actions in Umoja.
• Provide updates of requisition status on a regular basis.
• Review cost estimates for input into budget formulation.
• Monitor budget estimates and reports on funding allocation.
• Maintain updates and ensure accuracy and completeness of computer database recording requisition details, purchase orders, delivery and invoice actions. This includes coordinating with missions on delivery schedules, follow-up and receipt of Receiving and Inspection (R&I) Reports, verification of invoice against R& I reports, recording contract status at all stages of processes.
• Assist with the preparation of presentations on Contracts for LCC supply related procurement action.
• Prepare routine office correspondence.
• Monitor and report on implementation of logistics plans, including movement and delivery of assets, completion of project functions and status of contracts amendment as required.
• Manage and maintain records of the procurement thresholds set for each contract.
• Maintain supporting files, database and monitor reports.
• Establish and maintain relevant reference library.
• Initiate requisitions when required, record deliveries, progressive funding and expenditures, liaise with missions on receipts and associated action.
• Coordinate on consumable and spare parts consumption rates and usage patterns.
• Control and manage supply related items requisitioning and delivery.
• Record contract actions and monitor activity
• Familiarize new staff with respect to work requirements and applicable UN guidelines and office procedures.
• Perform other duties as required.
Professionalism: Knowledge of policies, practices and regulations on management of supplies, purchasing and logistics and ability to apply them in an organizational environment. Ability to maintain accurate records and prepare reports on a wide variety of data. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in practical field logistics operations or related area is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise, which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Recruitment against this position is on a local basis; applicants in the General Service category shall meet the relevant employment requirements of the host country (Lebanon), including fulfilling visa or work permit stipulations. If you fulfill the visa and work permit stipulations for Lebanon, please specify in your cover letter and attach a copy of your visa and work permit under ‘attachments” of your application in INSPIRA.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse, or crimes other than minor traffic offences, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Above texts are copied from United Nations Official Web Page (careers.un.org)
Copyright 2018 United Nations. All rights reserved