Post Number : SC/PA 027
Grade : G-4
Parent Sector : Natural Sciences Sector (SC)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Natural Sciences
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 28-OCT-2020 (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, ProfessionalismLong Description
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in France may apply to this position).
(Duration of contract: 1 year, with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance).OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Natural Sciences, the overall guidance of the Director of Division, and the direct supervision of the Programme specialist, the incumbent will provide necessary support to activities related to the UNESCO-Equatorial Guinea International Prize for Research in the Life Sciences and administration of the Division of Science Policy and Capacity Building (SC/PCB) and the section for Capacity Building in Science and Engineering (SC/PCB/CB).
The incumbent will participate in the implementation of overall strategy of the Natural Sciences Sector and the delivery of the expected results of the UNESCO-Equatorial Guinea International Prize for Research in the Life Sciences ensuring application and compliance with the rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
In particular, the incumbent shall take action to manage the online nomination Platform, where the application process will be realized. Specifically, the incumbent will ensure the smooth operation and accessibility of the site to all concerned parties, in particular:
- Manage the Site Content (Lists, Columns, etc.);
- Offer virtual assistance, helpdesk, to the candidates queries;
- Register possible candidates requesting access;
- Review submissions and ensure all requested information are received;
- Assist the jury in the use of the platform for their assessment;
- Manage the online nomination website platform of the candidates for the award;
- Assist the Programme Specialist in the execution of daily tasks as well as supporting the administration of the project.
Long DescriptionCOMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)Communication (C)Innovation (C)Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)Planning and organizing (C)Results focus (C)Teamwork (C)Accountability (C)–For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed secondary education or vocational education.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in administrative tasks in an international environment.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstration of ability to perform support functions in contracts drafting and follow up extra budgetary funding.
- Good knowledge of Communication practices in a large organization or enterprise.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure, respecting tight deadline and delivering on the standard required.
- Good organizational skills as well as ability to establish priorities and to plan coordinate and monitor work plans.
- Good knowledge of IT skills (MS Office Excel, Word, PoverPoint, Outlook…).
- Excellent knowledge of English or French (written and spoken).
- Excellent knowledge of Spanish (written and spoken).
- Proven experience in providing support for the management and implementation of projects.
- Experience of work with ERP systems.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of the UNESCO Natural Sciences projects.
- Good knowledge of Portuguese.
- Knowledge of other official UNESCO language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.