Post Number : SC/PA 034
Grade : G-4
Parent Sector : Natural Sciences Sector (SC)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Natural Sciences
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : [[17 October 2020]]
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in France may apply to this position)
(Part-time position 80%)OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall supervision of the Director of the Division Water Sciences (HYD), and the direct supervision of the Chief of Section on Groundwater Systems and Settlements (GSS), the incumbent will support the administrative processes for the following extra budgetary projects:
- Governance of Groundwater Resources in Phase 3.
- Enabling implementation of the Regional Strategic Action Programme (SAP) for the rational and equitable management of the Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System (NSAS).
- Sustainable Water Security for Human Settlements in Developing Countries under Climate.
In particular the incumbent will:
- Assist the programme specialists of the section in the coordination and implementation of different components of the aforementioned extrabudgetary projects.
- Provide support for the organization of meetings, missions, international conferences, workshops and other events related to extra-budgetary projects.
- Provide budget monitoring support.
- Prepare all the background documents dor contracts and their follow-up including payment requests.
- Prepare correspondence for administrative processes related to extra-budgetary projects.
- Provide any other support that may be required by the Chief of the Section and other programme specialists, including travel and mission arrangements.
Long DescriptionCOMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)Communication (C)Accountability (C)Innovation (C)Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)Planning and organizing (C)Results focus (C)Teamwork (C)–For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational school.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years of work experience in administrative, secretarial support or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to draft correspondence and correct documents.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Discretion and capacity to deal with people of different cultural backgrounds efficiently and tactfully.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to take initiatives and to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities; capacity to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent ICT skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English or French and good knowledge of the other.
- General secretarial and/or administrative training.
- Working experience in similar functions in the UN system.
- Experience in programme support in an international environment.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the format and protocols of formal communications.
- Knowledge of UNESCO rules, administrative procedures and standard practices.
- Knowledge of Spanish.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.