Post Number : IOC 308
Grade : G-5
Parent Sector : Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Programme Coordination
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 24-OCT-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, ProfessionalismLong Description
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in France may apply to this position)OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The post is located in the Marine Policy and Regional Coordination Section (IOC/MPR) of the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission and works under the overall delegated authority of the IOC Executive Secretary – ADG/IOC and the direct supervision of the Chief of Section.
As a team member, the Programme Assistant coordinates and performs a full range of office support, administrative and management support tasks for the smooth and efficient organization and delivery of programme activities/ projects. The focus is on information management and monitoring (programme and budget/financial administration of the Section/ Unit), event orchestration and provision of administrative support in contracting/ property management.
The incumlbent will have the following tasks and responsabilities:
- Track and report on programme activities, prepare project evaluations reviewing budgetary data from current or past initiatives. Respond to enquiries; monitor the budget of the projects and programmes within the Section in compliance with programme and budgetary requirements and financial regulations.
- Provide support in programme administration with regard to the preparation of outreach activities, partnership initiatives and special events. Track, retrieve, research files, reports, other records and past practices.
- Provide administrative support needs for meetings/events/ workshops/ seminars, travel, document processing/ publication production and consultants/temporary assistance, and coordinate office support services.
- Initiate a variety of contractual documents and prepare purchase requisitions in accordance with instructions.
- Prepare minutes and monitor follow-up activities.
- Provide guidance and support for project and programme reporting requirements; prepare paperwork, submit and prépare requests for approval of HR-related initiatives (e. g. recruitment of temporary personnel, transfer, etc. ).
- Initiate travel authorization and make travel arrangements, for team staff.
- Provide assistance to partners and stakeholders as required.
- Maintain/ update programme and project documentation and records, research, and track background information and documentation.
- Inform management and team members of process, procedures and timeframes to secure administrative services ,prepare purchase requisitions in accordance with instructions, verify requests for payments against contractual obligations in the financial System, process contractual transactions and provide information on payment status.
- Handle routine administrative tasks.
- Prepare minutes and monitor follow-up activities.
- Provide guidance and support for project and programme reporting requirements.
- Provide assistance to partners and stakeholders as required. Provide guidance to staff on general office processes and procedures, automated Systems, computer applications, etc.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)Accountability (C)Communication (C)Innovation (C)Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)Planning and organizing (C)Results focus (C)Teamwork (C)–For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational education.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in secretarial, communications, and/or administrative tasks or related areas.
- Good public communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including drafting skills.
- Good organizational and coordination skills.
- Discretion, good sense of judgement and capacity to deal efficiently and tactfully with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to contribute to team-building and to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities; capacity to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), website content management systems, and social media.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language.
- Experience in the UN System or the other international organization.
- Good knowledge of UNESCO’s Financial and Administrative rules, regulations, procedures and standard practices.
- Good knowledge of SAP.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer