Post Number : BSP 955
Grade : P-3
Parent Sector : Bureau of Strategic Planning (BSP)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: External Relations
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 18-OCT-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, ProfessionalismOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The Section for Donor Outreach and Resource Mobilization in the Bureau of Strategic Planning (BSP) focuses on outreach to potential public and private partners and diversifying UNESCO’s donor base including companies, high net worth individuals (HNWI) and foundations.
The Private Sector Fundraising Officer, under the authority of the Director of the Partnership Division and the direct supervision of the Chief of Donor Outreach and Resource Mobilization Section, will be responsible for the following:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of UNESCO’s private sector fundraising strategy.
- Identify and map prospects and propose well-researched ideas to senior managers to increase funding from new private sector partners.
- Identify and engage with prospective donors including companies, foundations, HNWI, and Major Donors.
- Provide backstopping UNESCO Programme sectors, Institutes and field offices as required in the negotiation of funding agreements and providing advice on private sector fundraising plans, as well as the initiation and follow up of private sector fundraising initiatives.
- Contribute to house-wide capacity building on private sector fundraising including by collecting and disseminating case studies and scaling up and replicating best practice.
- Organize briefings, meetings, visits and events with current and prospective donors.
- To keep track of donors in the Constituency Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Support Programme Specialist to ensure compliance on donor and UNESCO requirements, including ensuring timely and quality reporting
- Participate in and help organize events to expand networking opportunities with potential private sector donors and ensure follow up for fundraising purposes.
- Contribute to the design of advocacy and communication tools and materials to support private sector fundraising
- Undertake any other tasks required by the supervisor for the benefit of the Organization.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)Communication (C)Accountability (C)Innovation (C)Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)Planning and organizing (C)Results focus (C)Teamwork (C)–For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree (Masters or equivalent) in Marketing or Communications or Business Administration or other field of relevance to private sector fundraising.
- A minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible and relevant professional experience.
- Experience acquired at international level for a nonprofit organization in fundraising from the private sector including some or all of the following: companies high net worth individuals (HNWI) and foundations.
- Experience in the delivery of high-quality written materials (proposals, pitches, reports and others) tailored to specific audiences.
- Experience in the areas of philanthropy and corporate social responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for teamwork and work in a multicultural setting and ability to interact effectively with different stakeholders inside and outside the Organization.
- Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing with stakeholders to convey tailored messages and translate and articulate organizational priorities to potential private partners. This includes presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and IT skills including the ability to extract and analyse information from IT based knowledge systems to support decision making and planning related to resource mobilization.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French, and good knowledge of the other.
- Experience in private sector fundraising for the United Nations, or similar International Organisation.
- Experience in marketing or advertising.
- Competency and proficiency in the use of Constituency Relationship Management Tools.
- Knowledge of another official UNESCO language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.