Post Number : ED/PA 158
Grade : P-2
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 15-OCT-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Duration of Contract: One (1) year with the possibility of an extension subject to satisfactory performance and availability of fundsOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education (ADG/ED), guidance from the Director of the Division for Education 2030, and direct supervision of the Chief of Section for SDG4 Leadership, the incumbent will provide substantive content and organizational support to all activities of the Section, in particular related to the SDG-Education 2030 Steering Committee and the Multilateral Education Platform.
More specifically, the incumbent will have the following duties:
- Contribute to conceptualization and organization of all activities related to the SDG-Education 2030 Steering Committee and the Multilateral Education Platform;
- Prepare draft agendas, concept notes and support the elaboration of documents and reports related to Steering Committee and Bureau meetings;
- Contribute to the drafting of the Steering Committee’s annual submission to the UN High Level Political Forum and to reports requested by other UN bodies as well as UNESCO’s governing bodies;
- Draft analytical briefings, talking points as well as speeches and presentations for ADG/ED or senior staff related to SDG4 leadership and coordination;
- Contribute to the organisation of relevant events related to SDG4 leadership and coordination, including the Global Education Meeting, regional meetings and other events organized by the Section;
- Keep abreast of key reports and policy positions by multilateral organizations and other key partners in the field of education and development to inform the Section’s work.
- Serve as focal point for exchanges/communication with Member States related to all aspects of the Steering Committee.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)Communication (C)Accountability (C)Innovation (C)Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)Planning and organizing (C)Results focus (C)Teamwork (C)–For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in education, international relations, economics, social sciences or other relevant fields.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant professional experience in the field of international education;
- Relevant experience in project management.
Skills and competencies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships (both within and outside the Organization);
- Proven ability to draft clearly and concisely;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written);
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French (oral and written) and good knowledge of the other language.
- Relevant experience with UNESCO and/or UN system;
- Experience in the field of education and development;
- Experience at international level.
- Knowledge of other UNESCO official languages (Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.