Post Number : 5IQBFM0707RP
Grade : G-5
Parent Sector : Bureau Of Financial Management (BFM)
Duty Station: Baghdad
Job Family: Finances
Type of contract : Fixed Term Field
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 28-OCT-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, ProfessionalismLong Description
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in Iraq may apply to this position)OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall delegated authority of the Director/Head of the Office and the direct supervision of the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer, the incumbent provides a series of administrative support services in compliance with UNESCO Rules and Regulations, practices, standards and procedures. The incumbent will carry out the following responsibilities:Long Description
- Assist in the preparation of documents/reports.
- Compile, verify and maintain records of transactions and Office activities.
- Search Office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and reference from automated systems.
- Draft routine correspondence and Process payments.
- Ensure that the accounting records (disbursement and receipts documents) and corresponding justifications are complete and properly filed.
- Act as bank focal point; carry on the reconciliation and follow up on bank documents.
- Ensure that monthly bank statements of accounts of the Office are received on time for the monthly closing of accounts.
- Register actions/data; do non-complex corrections in systems.
- Verify transactions and check data/figures; identify and correct errors/anomalies and assist to input corrective action in FABS, SISTER etc.
- Assist in preparation of budget, check completeness, accuracy and compliance of documentation.
- Assist in the production of a variety of financial reports and statistics related to regular and extra budgetary funds.
- Extract data and information from the automated financial and programmatic systems (FABS; SISTER etc.) and prepare standard reports.
- Maintain and monitor stock levels of various supply items. Maintain, update and transmit inventory records of non-expendable equipment to BFM.
- Liaise with companies and different host country’s administration.
- Follow up air tickets purchase and payments, prepare travel authorizations and assemble information pertinent to the purpose of travel; track security certificates.
- Make travel and hotel reservations.
- Assist in HR administrative matters; draft correspondence and other documents for personnel actions, follow up on coming HR actions, maintain database.
- Retrieve and analyse HR-related data from automated systems; alert the supervisor of inconsistencies/ errors and propose corrective action.
- Process salaries, entitlements, claims, non-staff contracts etc. as per to established guidelines and procedures.
- Provide assistance, advice and briefings to newly-arrived staff, experts and consultants on basic procedures; assist and support in issues related to visas, identity cards, driving licences and other necessary personnel-related documentation in accordance with requirements by the Organization and host country (liaise, as required, with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
- Assist in pre-recruitment formalities and provide support on the conduct of the recruitment process; coordinate interview schedules, prepare agenda and documentation.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)Accountability (C)Communication (C)Innovation (C)Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)Planning and organizing (C)Results focus (C)Teamwork (C)–For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed secondary, technical or vocational school education.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in administration, finance or related area.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; strong service orientation and ability to deal efficiently with partners at different levels.
- Ability to analyze, interpret financial data, and monitor budgets.
- Good organizational and coordination skills; ability to take initiatives, establish priorities and monitor own work plans.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and provide efficient, quality and timely support and capacity to work efficiently under pressure.
- Sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Good knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and database packages.
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English and Arabic.
- Specialized training or courses in one or more of the following disciplines: administration, finance, accounting and/or procurement.
- Relevant experience within the United Nations System.
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP).
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.ASSESSMENT
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.