UN Job Opening
TEAM ASSISTANT, G4
Paris - France
|Posting Title:||TEAM ASSISTANT, G4|
|Job Code Title:||TEAM ASSISTANT|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Environment Programme|
|Posting Period:||12 November 2018 – 11 December 2018|
|Job Opening Number:||18-Administration-UNEP-106466-R-Paris (E)|
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of
the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. The overall objective of
the UN Environment’s Economy Division is to encourage decision makers in government, local authorities and industry to develop and adopt policies, strategies and practices and technologies that promote sustainable patterns of consumption and production, make efficient use of natural resources, ensure safe management of chemicals and contribute to making trade and environment policies mutually supportive. It promotes the development, use and transfer of policies, technologies, economic instruments, managerial practices and other tools that assist in environmentally sound decision making and the building of corresponding activities (http://www.unep.fr/). The position is located in the Economy Division, Climate Clean Air Coalition Secretariat within the Energy and Climate Branch at the Paris duty station. Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer (P-3), the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
1. Finance and Budget support during Project Implementation: Provide overall finance support to the Coalition Secretariat by supporting the management of the Coalition’s Trust Fund and assist in the management of donor contributions, grants and project management in the Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP), including the creations of different grants types and work breakdown structure; Prepare funds documents and commitment documents in ERP and review to ensure funds are available and confirm correct budget account/fund/project/cost center used; Assist in the issuance of allotments and related staffing table authorizations; Review expenditure reports from executing agencies and ensure compliance with procedure; Prepare reconciliations of accounts for the contracts of implementing partners; Notify payees on status of payments and investigate complaints of non-receipt; Assist in the follow-up on outstanding financial and technical reports with the executing agencies.
2. Finance and Budget support during Project Evaluation and Closure: Update project database with relevant project information on revision/closure of project; Prepare request for refund of unspent balances;
3. General: Provide general administrative support; Maintain and keep up-to-date project files; File and archive hard copies documentation and keep log of archived files; Draft/prepare routine correspondence with respect to enquiries related to relevant financial and budget matters. Work in close collaboration with other Coalition and Economy Division team members and act as their back-up when required, particularly with relation to grants and Partners management.
4. Perform other related duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONLISM: Ability to identify and resolve a range of issues/problems and to work well with figures, undertake basic research and gather information from standard sources. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities, and remains calm in stressful situations
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Identifies priority activities and assignments; Adjusts priorities as required; Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; Uses time efficiently. Risks and allows for contingencies when planning monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; Uses time efficiently
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
Completion of High School Diploma
A minimum of four years of responsible experience in the field of project management, administration or finance and budget. Knowledge of data base is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required; Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates for this position may include substantive assessment which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
Appointment against this post is on a local basis. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred in order to take-up the appointment. This position is open for recruitment for an initial period of one year and may be subject to extension. Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by Him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures. 1. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening. On-line applications will be acknowledged where an email address has been provided.
2. If you do not receive an email acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. In such cases, please resubmit the application, if necessary. If the problem persists please seek technical assistance through the Inspira “Need Help?” link.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse, or crimes other than minor traffic offences, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Above texts are copied from United Nations Official Web Page (careers.un.org)
Copyright 2018 United Nations. All rights reserved