WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job title: Human Resources Assistant (Human Resources)
Grade: General Services (GS-4)
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duration: One year
Duty Station: Islamabad, Pakistan
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Pakistan only. Deadline for applications: 22 January, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This position will be based in Human Resources Unit, Country Office Islamabad, Pakistan. Job holders will perform administrative support functions for HR Unit and report to the Human Resources Officer or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities.
To deliver standard business support processes for Human Resources Unit in Country Office in order to facilitate effective service delivery.
- Maintenance of personnel and other HR files in line with the guidelines for filing and appropriate documents as per checklist in both soft and hard form.
- Prepare and record certificates including Job experience, Visa assistance, Banking Instructions, Tax Exemption etc. for staff members where applicable.
- Act as a focal person for biometric attendance management system, WINGS (SAP) related to travel, procurement, training and leave management.
- Act as a focal point for receiving and processing UNLP applications and liaison with HQ in obtaining the same. Also act as a custodian for safe keeping of all National Staff UNLP’s. Maintaining list of UNLP holders, keeping record (issuance/receiving).
- Act as focal person for processing and record keeping of R&R requests, updating R&R record sheet as well as processing of Danger Pay in WINGS for International Staff where and when required.
- Act as a focal person for Leave planner for International staff and Time Keeping for all staff.
- Assist staff members in obtaining UN ID Cards and correspond with relevant UN Entity in processing the same. Keeping record of UNID Forms and subsequent maintenance of list.
- Assist in dealing with staff for their medical cards (including dependents) and escalate enrolment requests of dependents to relevant person in HR Unit for processing.
- Assist HR Officer or designate in for all recruitment related activities including room reservation, computer arrangements and calling candidates for test/interviews.
- Assist HR Officer or designate in Training related activities including arrangements for venue, equipment etc. Keeping record and sharing approved Training Request Form with relevant persons and updating training log.
- Assist team members for event management including orientation for new inductees, farewells, service awards and Unit Retreats.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor at the corresponding level.
Completion of higher secondary school education. First Level University Degree in the field of Human Resource Management/Development is desirable.
Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience particularly in Human Resources combined with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages and skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance to different staff on basic HR SOP’s.
Excellent oral and written English and Urdu.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Above texts are copied from United Nations WFP official Web Page (WFP.org)
Copyright 2020 United Nations. All rights reserved
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
UN Job Openings at the General Services Category as of 12 August 2021
55 new jobs openings with the “Première Urgence Internationale” As of 10 July 2021