Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Officer
|Vacancy Notice Number||ICC/20/MUL/3|
|Position Title||Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Officer|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Date of Issue||1/09/2020|
|Date of Closing||4/10/2020|
|Annual Salary Estimation||Brindisi: USD 97,114; Rome: USD 101,746; Geneva: USD 133,725; Valencia: USD 100,128 (net, single rate, including post adjustment)|
|Duty Station||Brindisi and Rome, Italy or Geneva, Switzerland or Valencia, Spain|
|Organizational Location/Unit||GRC & QA Unit|
Applications from women are particularly encouraged for this vacancy
Purpose of the Position:
The GRC Officer shall be responsible for supporting the ICC’s control environment by ensuring that: (i) Policies, procedures and processes are defined and updated; (ii) Risks are identified and managed; (iii) Controls are tested; (iv) Exceptions are remediated; and (v) Data is analyzed and used for continuous improvement and optimization.
Objectives of the Programme:
The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
Main duties and responsibilities:
At the direction of the ICC Director and under the supervision of the Chief of Staff, the incumbent is responsible for the following:
- ICC Governance: Support the consistent review of the:
- Decisions of the governing bodies
- Alignment between strategic and tactical plans
- Roles and responsibilities; and
- Performance indicators
- ICC Risk Management: Support the periodic:
- Identification of threats and risk exposures
- Assessment and management of risks
- Monitoring of the implementation of corresponding mitigating controls
- Update of the risk registers
- ICC’s Quality Management and Compliance Programmes:
- Design, implement, manage and improve quality and compliance programmes across all ICC offices
- Manage compliance and improve business processes and operations by supporting a programme of internal audits and external assessments against adopted standards (e.g. ISAE 3402, ISAE 3000, CobiT, ISO20000 etc.)
- Perform and/or manage internal reviews of ICC Projects and Services against the industry standards adopted by the Centre (i.e., PRINCE II)
- Document and perform quality and compliance review and testing procedures
- ICC’s Business Processes and Controls:
- Support the design, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of sound business processes across all ICC offices
- Conduct reviews and monitor compliance with approved business processes and control frameworks
- Using the Continuous Improvement Process, identify processes requiring improvement, coordinate prioritisation and implementation of these improvements using appropriate tools and techniques
- Co-ordinate activities for fulfilling requirements of internal and external audits or assessments
- Prepare relevant reports for ICC Management and Board (ICC Management Committee)
- Perform other duties as required
Experience and Skills required:
- Seven+ years of relevant experience in implementing, managing, reviewing and improving internal controls for governance, compliance and quality, IT audits, or assurance and risk management programmes
- Track record of perfoming internal or external audits (financial/operational/IT) in accordance with relevant professional standards (note: ISO audits only do not fulfil this requirement)
- Demonstrated ability to work with and report to a governance board (i.e. audit committee or similar)
- Highly proficient in audit methodologies, especially but not limited to those applicable in IT environments
- Highly skilled in designing and implementing compliance and control frameworks including business process reengineering
- Experience in business process and control optimisation, preferably within an IT organization
- Proficient in IT governance and quality standards
- Experience writing high quality documentation and reports
- Excellent comprehension of internal controls requirements and implications, preferably in the United Nations’ context
- Demonstrated ability to work in multicultural and diverse environments
- Project management experience using a recognized standard (e.g. Prince2)
- Knowledge of IT service provision business models
- Knowledge of working practices within international organisations
- Good understanding of financial, accounting and legal risks
- Masters degree, or equivalent, in Business Management, Information Technology Management or related field
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Post graduate education in a related discipline
- IT governance and/or risk management certification
- Expert knowledge of English is required
- Intermediate knowledge of another UN language is desirable
ICC Global Competencies:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Communicating: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates the ability to work constructively with people of all backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment: Guides and motivates staff towards meeting challenges and achieving objectives. Promotes ownership and responsibility for desired outcomes at all levels.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
Annual Salary Estimation (net of tax at single rate):
- Brindisi, including post adjustment (32.1% on September 2020): US$ 97,114.
- Rome, including post adjustment (38.4% on September 2020): US$ 101,746.
- Geneva, including post adjustment (81,9% on September 2020): US$ 133,725.
- Valencia, including post adjustment (36,2% on September 2020): US$ 100,128.
UNICC also offers generous leave and absence allowances, flexible working hours, overtime compensation, teleworking, access to training, and depending on eligibility other benefits such as relocation grant, dependency allowance, language allowance, or education grant.
Closing date for applications:
Applications will be accepted until midnight (Geneva Time) on 4th October 2020.
- Technical and/or personality tests may be carried out as part of the selection process
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Though you may not be selected for this advertised position, the ICC will keep your application in a roster if your profile is deemed to be of potential interest for the Centre. You may thus be solicited by our HR department to participate in an interview for another position
Applications from women are particularly encouraged for this vacancy
Above texts are copied from United Nations Official Web Page (careers.un.org)
Copyright 2020 United Nations. All rights reserved
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- UN Jobs in Lebanon, FIELD SECURITY ASSOCIATE (BEIRUT) – THREE POSITIONS, G6, DSS-154041
- UN Jobs in Geneva, as of 24 March 2021
- UN Job in Lebanon, ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, G5, DGC-150892
- Mercy Corps Job Openings as of 11 March 2021
- UN Job Openings, Professional and Higher Categories, As of 10 March 2021