Consultant for Video Production, Public Partnerships Division (PPD), Working Remotely
Job no: 534643
Contract type: Consultancy
Location: United States
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope . . .
As part of UNICEF’s continuous efforts to highlight the criticality of core funding in achieving the greatest impact for children, visibility and recognition of partners support is crucial.
The purpose of this assignment is to support the Public Partnerships Division (PPD), to produce, ten to fifteen, 60-90 second videos to celebrate overall results achieved with some of our European partners. These videos will complement UNICEF’s annual reports and existing visibility products and are intended to provide a snapshot of each partnership through demonstrating results achieved. They should aim to strengthen the emotional connection between our government partners, specifically parliamentarians, and the impact of their country’s and population’s support on children. The videos should convey an overall compelling ‘feel-good’ spirit and make our partners proud of their support to UNICEF and eager to advocate for increased collaboration.
The end users of the videos are in priority our government partners, the UNICEF National committees in the European countries concerned and UNICEF itself. The videos will be in English and might contain voice-over or sub-titles in local languages.
The specific stories will be different per video but will be similar in set-up and flow. Every video will contain an introduction on results achieved through core contributions to UNICEF and will provide main achievements on the specific areas of interest of the partner concerned.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Public Partnerships Manager and the Communication Specialist, the consultant will need to:
- Meet with the UNICEF Public Partnerships Team to understand the narrative and get accurate data to be used for the animation
- Work with the team to develop detailed story board concept(s)
- Guide the creative direction of the videos
- Produce ten to fifteen 60-90 second videos
- Deliver original artwork and video files at the completion of the assignment
- First deliverable -2 creative concepts demonstrating the video style, voice over and background music samples. One round of feedback will be organized.
- Second deliverable – ten to fifteen draft animation video’s, animated opening and closing sections. These will be used to gather final feedback.
- Final deliverable – Ten to fifteen, 60 – 90 second UNICEF 2019 results videos for the UNICEF Public Partnerships Division optimised for screens, social media and web (MP4 and MOV) as well as source/master files.
The content for the storyboards, UNICEF logos, icons and pictures will be provided. The consultant will also receive access to existing reports and visibility products.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 6 years of professional animation experience, experience with UNICEF would be a strong asset.
- Experience in animation work for social media for the web and other multimedia services.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Passionate about design, a positive “can-do” attitude, and the ability to be highly creative within an agile development process.
- Professional work ethic, integrity, and initiative.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
The contract will be effective from date of signing for a maximum of 30 working days. The end products will be expected by end November 2020.
- The contractor shall commence the work as soon as possible, immediately upon signing contract.
- A detailed budget, timeline, work plan and draft outline of the project should be submitted within five days.
- The rough cut of every video should be provided to UNICEF PPD for review, and comments.
- The final product i.e. the movie as well as all the raw material and project files, should be delivered to UNICEF PPD no later than 31 November 2020.
How to apply:
To apply for the contract, qualified candidates are requested to submit
- a resume/CV, P-11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc . Please also indicate your availability in your cover letter and upload a financial proposal. Applications submitted without a financial proposal will be disqualified. Financial proposal should include your daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference.
- Three links to work samples demonstrating most relevant previous productions
- Three references (with contact information) from previous clients
The consultant will be home-based and work with the team through digital communication tools.
Terms and conditions of payment
Animation/production services will only be paid upon successful completion of the assignment. Successful completion implies that the products conform to these TOR, UNICEF branding guidelines and have been approved by PPD colleagues during maximum two rounds of feedback on the draft videos (second deliverable).
Consultants and individual contractors are fully responsible for arranging, at their own expense, all insurance, such as life, health and other forms of insurance, covering the period of their services as they consider appropriate. They are required to certify that they are covered by medical/health insurance.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
· Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
· Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
· Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
· Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
· Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
· Analyzing (2)
· Persuading and influencing (1)
· Applying technical expertise (2)
· Learning and researching (2)
· Planning and organizing (1)
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process where they will be requested to provide a 150-word creative brief for the video.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: 24 Sep 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Deadline: 08 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time