|Posting Title:||SENIOR NURSE, FS5|
|Job Code Title:||SENIOR NURSE|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan|
|Posting Period:||04 August 2020 – 18 August 2020|
|Job Opening Number:||20-Medical-UNMISS-139082-F-Juba (M)|
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) with duty station in Juba, in the Medical Section and under the Service Delivery Pillar of the Mission Support Division. The Senior Nurse reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer.
Within delegated authority, the Senior Nurse at FS5 level will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provides routine and emergency clinical nursing services in the UNOE Level 1 Clinic.
• Identifies and plans clinics’ medical material, supplies and equipment requirements and raises requisitions accordingly.
• Liaises with Procurement Section and Supply Section to establish essential contracts for the mission.
• Coordinates medical evacuation and cooperates with Medical Services Division in N.Y. and the receiving facilities in home countries.
• Assists in providing medical support during evacuation and repatriation.
• Advises evacuees on the requirements for evacuation and/or escorts patients if needed.
• Concludes or closes medical evacuation files to enable staff members to submit claims.
• Assists in arrangements for the deceased.
• Develops logistic plans to support field satellite clinics, and follows up on implementation.
• Designs and implements outreach programs for mission personnel.
• Plans and organizes preventive medical care training and promotes medical fairs.
• Draws and implements duty roster for clinic personnel.
• Performs medical briefing for incoming staff and conducts first aid training.
• Maintains medical inventory and supplies and distributes medical supplies to outstations.
• Arranges medical appointments and examinations to mission personnel.
• Updates monthly medical reports.
• Ensures the daily operational readiness of ambulances assigned to the UNOE Level 1 Clinic.
• Performs a broad range of Admin activities in the UN Medical Database (EarthMed)
• Performs other duties as required.
POFESSIONALISM: Knowledge and experience in clinical/occupational nursing. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Registered Professional Nurse who is a graduate of either an accredited Baccalaureate Nursing Programme (University) or an accredited Diploma Programme (4 years) is required. Certificates in ECG, CPR or Basic Life Support is an asset. Certificate in the United Nations Buddy First Aid Master Trainer Course is an asset. An university degree in a health-related subject such as Public Health, is desirable. Knowledge of electronic medical records is desirable.
At least 8 years of progressively responsible clinical experience in general nursing, emergency Care and health administration is required.
Supervisory experience in mission administration is desirable.
Knowledge and understanding of relevant UN administrative policies and procedures is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Previously rostered candidates are not subject to any further assessment and as such, will not be invited for such an assessment.
This “Recruit from Roster” job opening is only open to roster applicants who are already placed on pre-approved rosters, following a review by a United Nations Central Review Body. Only roster applicants who were placed on rosters with similar functions at the same level are considered to be eligible candidates. Eligible applicants receive an email inviting them to apply. Rostered applicants are encouraged to apply only if they are interested and available to take up the position at the duty station/s specified in the Job Opening. Applying to this job opening carries an expectation to accept the offer, if selected.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance and geographical diversity in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term “sexual harassment” means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator’s working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Above texts are copied from United Nations Official Web Page (careers.un.org)
Copyright 2020 United Nations. All rights reserved
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- UN Jobs in Lebanon, FIELD SECURITY ASSOCIATE (BEIRUT) – THREE POSITIONS, G6, DSS-154041
- UN Jobs in Geneva, as of 24 March 2021
- UN Job in Lebanon, ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, G5, DGC-150892
- Mercy Corps Job Openings as of 11 March 2021
- UN Job Openings, Professional and Higher Categories, As of 10 March 2021