|Posting Title:||SENIOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER (SAP Systems Engineering and Landscape), P5|
|Job Code Title:||SENIOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER|
|Department/Office:||Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance Enterprise Resource Planning Project|
|Duty Station:||NEW YORK|
|Posting Period:||05 November 2020 – 19 December 2020|
|Job Opening Number:||20-Information Management Systems-DMSPC ERP-143643-R-New York (E)|
Org. Setting and Reporting
The position is located in the Systems and Delivery team in the ERP Project office of the United Nations Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance in New York.
The team is responsible for the effective operation of the entire landscape of the SAP systems engineering with the related infrastructure connecting points required for the operation of the ERP Umoja Solution. The Senior Information Systems Officer (SAP Systems Engineering and Landscape) will report to the Solution Architecture and Delivery Management lead.
Umoja is a continuous organizational transformation, enabling high-quality, and cost-effective service delivery for evolving United Nations mandates, anywhere in the world. By updating skills, harmonizing practices and applying global technology, Umoja maximizes productivity of the UN’s human, financial and material resources.
Umoja transcends organizational, geographical and functional barriers, fostering a culture of transparency, accountability, empowerment, sharing and unity across the United Nations. For more information on Umoja visit: http://umoja.un.org
The position will serve to ensure effective operation of the entire landscape of the SAP systems engineering with the related infrastructure connecting points required for the operation of the ERP Umoja Solution. This includes set up, configuration and technical architecture as well as their administration, maintenance and upgrade optimisation, specifically: the SAP engine [ECC], SAP Databases fBW, HANA, BI, SRM], applications and others systems [CRM, BPC, Fiori, SAP’s Portal, Gateway, SLTj. The post also assures coordination across OICT and DOS on the related infrastructure operations in connection with performance, access, availability, optimisation and security. Along with this, he/she serves to reinforce the Project’s capacity in respect of On-Premise and Cloud Integration as well as the interfacing, Internet and Mobile-related operations and will supervises the Security team of the ERP.
Under the guidance of the Solution Architecture and Delivery Management lead and following the ERP’s overall workplan direction, the Senior Information Systems Officer (SAP Systems Engineering and Landscape) will be responsible for the following:
1. Architecture of the ERP SAP systems and Landscape administration:
• Participates in the overall design and implementation of the architecture of the ERP Umoja solution, such as technology and architectural roadmaps, network topologies, systems clustering, hardware and software capacity requirements, interfaces with external systems, high availability scenarios, disaster recovery procedures, and security-related considerations, including accessing modalities, platform services, and in respect of data management/usages.
• Leads the development of risk/benefit analyses associated with proposed enhancements and customizations based on well-documented planning and technical justifications.
• Co-leads the general IT planning and technology roadmaps of the ERP Umoja solution along with the leads of the development team and the Solution architect, inter alia.
• Co-leads the overall direction of work and technical work regarding integration of Cloud connection services.
2. Systems administration, operational engineering and performance optimization including coordination with the stakeholders responsible for the ERP’s Hardware and Infrastructure:
• Assures technical analysis, correct planning and effective scheduling for the effective installation, maintenance and upgrades of the various SAP components of the ERP across landscapes, applications, software and hardware.
• Directs the team for efficient integration of SAP systems with external/internal applications, both SAP and non-SAP and optimal System performance, particularly high availability, using the relevant SAP and non-SAP tools, and supports disaster recovery arrangements and commitments and coordinates the related exercises.
• Determines capacity aspects of the SAP landscape of the Umoja solution to ensure proper performance planning [sizing, optimisation, software licensing, hardware, and the related contractual services].
• Leads the testing, documentation and operations to assure effective backup, recovery, disaster recovery, copy, storage and archiving, system refreshes as well as optimal scheduling of releases thereof, including activity protocols with appropriate controls to ensure the system’s high availability performance and stability.
• Directs the operation and maintenance of the landscape and environments of the Umoja solution through optimal systems administration [data loading, copies, transport management, network and infrastructure maintenance, etc].
3. Oversight on infrastructure-related operations in coordination with the stakeholders responsible for the ERP’s Hardware [OlCT and DOS]:
• Assures the planning and co-management of activities and requirements for effective infrastructure and hardware support to the ERP system, include optimization, upgrades and
• Assures that SAP Early Watch Analysis systemic solution is properly utilized to support the ongoing planning and monitoring of infrastructure and hardware operations for the maintenance and performance of the ERP system, including root cause assessment, optimization, lessons learned, etc.
• Co-manages audits in respect of Infrastructure and hardware with the rest of the ERP’s teams and OICT.
4. Supervises the ERP Security and assures effective On-Premise/Cloud integration of SAP’s technology roadmaps.
• Validates the plans for the ERP’s security from a systems engineering and infrastructure perspective.
• Assesses the operating system, network and applications to verify vulnerability, risks and security controls.
5. Other duties and tasks:
• Oversees the correct production and establishment of relevant technical documentation and SOPs.
• Transfer knowledge to colleagues, keeping abreast of developments on new technologies.
Professionalism: Knowledge of SAP systems and technical areas. Knowledge of Basis and related SAP systems administration. Knowledge of SAP Solution Manager. Ability to provide SAP Landscape architecture advice and support. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work; demonstrates knowledge of strategies and commitment to the goal of gender balance in staffing.
Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows forcontingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
Leadership: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands. Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work; demonstrates knowledge of strategies and commitment to the goal of gender balance in
Vision: Identifies strategic issues, opportunities and risks; clearly communicates links between the Organization’s strategy and the work unit’s goals; generates and communicates broad and compelling organizational direction, inspiring others to pursue that same direction; conveys enthusiasm about future possibilities
An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in Computer Science, information systems or related fields is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of SAP systems and infrastructure in the context of an ERP implementation is required.
Said experience includes the following SAP systems architecture and related areas:
• Experience managing Basis and SAP systems admin such as ECC, HANA, BW, SRM, BPC, CRM, and SolMan.
• Experience advising on tech roadmaps of an SAP ERP and in directing operation of SAP system performance for high availability, capacity and sizing optimisation, as well as disaster recovery, networking, including the infrastructure, hardware requirements and software licensing.
• Experience advising and supporting SAP Landscape architecture, along with component integrations and determinations.
• Experience with end-to-end technical planning and implementation roll outs of deployments, including SAP SolMan system.
• Experience with managing the SAP systems integration with ext/int non-SAP systems apps.
Experience with other SAP systems such as BPC, CRM, PO is desirable.
Experience with SAP Cloud integration with SAP On-Premise, particularly SAP IBP and S/4 HANA is desirable, including the validation of security aspects thereof from a systems engineering and infrastructure perspective.
Experience on client environments, including when deployed through Citrix, is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
This position is financed by Umoja project funding. Appointment and extension of appointment against this position will be subject to budgetary approval.
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures.
Staff members of the United Nations Secretariat must fulfill the lateral move requirements to be eligible to apply for this position. Staff members are requested to indicate all qualifying lateral moves in their Personal History Profile (PHP) and cover letter.
Staff members of the United Nations Secretariat must fulfill the lateral move(s) requirements, or geographical to be eligible to apply for this vacancy. Staff members are requested to indicate all qualifying lateral or geographical move(s) in their Personal History Profile (PHP) and cover note.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term “sexual harassment” means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator’s working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, United Nations staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the United Nations in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Above texts are copied from United Nations Official Web Page (careers.un.org)
Copyright 2020 United Nations. All rights reserved
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- UN Job Openings, National Professionals and General Services Categories as of 11 June 2021
- UN Job Openings, Professional and Higher Categories as of 10 June 2021
- UN Job Openings, Professional and Higher Categories as of 24 May 2021
- UN Job Openings, National Professionals and General Services Categories as of 21 May 2021
- UN Jobs in Lebanon, FIELD SECURITY ASSOCIATE (BEIRUT) – THREE POSITIONS, G6, DSS-154041