Job Title: Snr Admin Assistant (Travel) – Replacement Capacity
Job ID: 17496
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Salary Grade: G5
Hardship Level: B
Family Location Type: Family
This Job Opening is available to eligible UNHCR staff members and external applicants.
Duties and Qualifications
Senior Admin Assistant (Travel)
Seven years into the Syria crisis, Lebanon remains the country hosting the largest number of refugees per capita, with over one million Syrian refugees, and around 20,000 refugees of Iraqi, Sudanese, Ethiopian and other origins, in addition to the Palestine refugees under UNRWA¿s mandate. There are no formal camps for Syrian refugees in the country, and refugees are living in hundreds of communities and locations across the country.
The refugee response is led by the Government and local actors, supported by the international community. As the designated lead agency in the refugee response, UNHCR has established a sector-based structure in Beirut and in the field. The structure brings together over 100 UN agencies, national and international NGO partners in identifying and agreeing on the strategic priorities to address the needs of Syrian refugees and other affected populations. The Lebanon national response falls under the Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan (3RP), whereby UNHCR guides the refugee response and UNDP facilitates the resilience and stabilization component.
The UNHCR operational response in Lebanon is one of the largest for the organization. Media attention and the frequency of influential high-profile visitors is high. Aside from the country office in the capital city of Beirut, UNHCR has offices in Mt Lebanon, Qobayat, Tripoli, Tyre and Zahle.
Snr Administrative Assistant (Travel) will be responsible for preparation of travel authorizations for local (in country) and international travel of staff members and non-staff traveling for UNHCR activities according to the established procedures. The incumbent will ensure that all travel Authorizations are supported with mission requests and other relevant documentation. Responsibilities of the incumbent also include booking and purchase of air tickets for official travel of staff and non-staff, arrangement and organization of events for offices in the country, clearance of invoices from the Travel Agents prior to forwarding to Finance Unit, assisting the VIPs and high level missions with the airport formalities, protocol matters and alike.
– The country operation has efficient and cost-effective travel services.
– Carry out travel formalities and processing of travel documents including but not restricted to the issuance of visa, travel authorisation, calculation and payment in advance of the daily subsistence allowance, settlement of travel upon return while ensuring compliance with UN/UNHCR travel policies and procedures.
– Arrange internal missions to the field; coordinate with the drivers and staff members regarding travel details and procedures while respecting and abiding by security measurements.
– Record in MSRP/PeopleSoft (UNHCR financial software) the DSA prior to staff going on missions.
– Record the entitlements of International staff assigned or on mission to the operation in the country.
– Assist in the logistics for incoming missions and in-country workshops related to hotel booking and transportation of the participants.
– Arrange for seminars and workshops taking place inside the UNHCR office or in a different venue.
– Assist in the preparation and submission of the monthly list of VAT refund addressed to the Ministry of Finance.
– Assist Supply Unit and field offices to maintain an updated log of rented vehicles and ensure timely payment.
– Maintain archiving system of physical and electronic office files.
– Assist staff with administrative and security related issues concerning travel and transportation.
– Ensure the process to adapt the workplace and organize the movement of staff accordingly with all the logistics that comes along.
– Perform other related duties as required.
– Clear invoices from the Travel Agents.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
– Completion of the Secondary education plus training/certificate in a related field of work.
– Minimum 5 years of previous job experience relevant to the functions.
– Proficiency in English and Arabic.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
– Computer skills (MS office and PeopleSoft applications).
– Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures and processes.
– Knowledge and working experience of UNHCR MSRP (PeopleSoft) or a similar software.
– Knowledge of French.
Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
The AC selected candidate will be deemed to be in a replacement capacity until the lien is relinquished or until the regular incumbent returns to the position
Interested qualified internal and external candidates meeting the requirements of the Job Descriptions can apply no later than 24 July 2019 Midnight Geneva Time.
Above texts are copied from UNHCR Official Web Page (https://www.unhcr.org)
Copyright 2019 UNHCR. All rights reserved
Like and Follow us on