|Posting Title:||Light Vehicle Driver, G3|
|Job Code Title:||Light Vehicle Driver|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon|
|Posting Period:||19 August 2020 – 17 September 2020|
|Job Opening Number:||20-Transportation-UNIFIL-139929-R-Naqoura (M)|
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Medical Section, United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), Naqoura. The incumbent will report to the Civilian Head Nurse or his/her designate.
– Drives light vehicles to moderately heavy vehicles including passenger transportation vans, cargo vans and transportation trucks.
– Assist the workshop with preparation of staff transportation vans, cargo vans and trucks for field trips. S/he carries out activities such as changing wheels, cleaning air filters, and general checking to confirm the mechanical soundness of the vehicle.
– S/he ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by driving office vehicles for the transportation of authorized personnel, delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
– Drives vehicles safely to transport authorized personnel and general cargo/goods and or specialized hazardous vehicles.
– Takes care of the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicles, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires etc; performs minor repairs and arranges for more technical repairs. Ensures that the vehicle is clean.
– Follows required rules and regulations in cases where the vehicle is involved in an accident.
– Applies good judgment in the context of assignments given.
– Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required. Deals effectively and tactfully with officials and visitors.
– Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle and accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
– Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by carrying out repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, changes oil in a timely manner, checking tires, brakes and tires.
– Ensures the vehicle is kept clean and carries out minor repairs on the vehicle, making arrangements for more technical repairs.
– Provides inputs during preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
– Ensures availability of all the required documents and supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts.
– Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
– Follows required rules and regulations in case the vehicle driven is involved in an accident.
– Transportation of UNIFIL civilian patients from UNIFIL Hospital in Naqoura to another Hospital as and when required
– Transportation of UNIFIL civilian patients to the Airport as and when needed
– Coordinate with Referral Hospitals, UNIFIL Hospitals and Medical Personnel for Patients transportation
– Provide Logistic and administrative assistance to Medical Section
– Assist the warehouse and Pharmacy staff in Inventory and arrangements of Medical items
– Ability to respond to Emergency calls 24/7
– Performs other duties as assigned.
Professionalism: Knowledge of protocol and guidance on Patients’ transportation. Ability to respond to emergencies and to provide Emergency life support care to patients when needed. Knowledge of major medical ambulance equipment and ability to use them in emergency situations.
Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High School diploma or equivalent is required.
Valid National Driver license is required.
Valid basic life support (BLS) certificate or equivalent is desirable.
A minimum of two (02) years of progressively responsible experience in provision of driving services of a variety makes and models of vehicles – heavy and light passenger vehicles, is required.
Experience as Ambulance driver is desirable
Experience in liaising with Medical Personnel and Hospitals for patients transportation is desirable
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise, which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Recruitment against this position is on a local basis; applicants in the General Service category shall meet the relevant employment requirements of the host country (Lebanon), including fulfilling visa or work permit stipulations. If you fulfill the visa and work permit stipulations for Lebanon, please specify in your cover letter and attach a copy of your visa and work permit under ‘attachments” of your application in Inspira.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
United Nations Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term “sexual harassment” means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator’s working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Above texts are copied from United Nations Official Web Page (careers.un.org)
Copyright 2020 United Nations. All rights reserved
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- UN Job in Nairobi, ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, G5, UNEP-141208
- UN Job in Lebanon, FIELD SECURITY ASSISTANT, G3, UNSCOL-140936
- UN Job in New York, ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, G5, DPPA-128350
- UN Job in Geneva, Opérateur d’équipements électroniques de Conférence, G3, UNOG-140057
- UNFPA Job Openings, as of 16-09-20