(Only candidates who are entitled to work in France may apply to this position).
Post Number : ED 375
Grade : G-5
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 17-FEB-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Under the overall authority of the Assistant-Director General for Education and direct supervision of the Director of the Division for Peace and Sustainable Development, the incumbent shall provide administrative and secretarial assistance to the activities of the Director’s office, which includes the following tasks:
- Manage the Secretariat of the office of the Director; manage agenda and incoming correspondence, prepare correspondence and documents in English and/or French, make informal translation, organise missions, receive visitors, establish and maintain filing system;
- Coordinate the function of the Secretariat of the Division/Sections and contribute to optimising the administrative operations of the Division and the communication among the sections;
- Ensure quality assurance of the correspondence and administrative documents issued by or submitted to the office of the Director;
- Contribute to the organization of major events by the Division, including the coordination of the administrative and logistic aspects;
- Assist the Director in the monitoring of the Division’s activities;
- Provide guidance and support to new staff and general assistance to other office support staff.
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational education.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in sectorial and/or administrative tasks in an international environment, of which at least 2 years working for a supervisor with managerial responsibility.
Skills and competencies
- Ability to draft correspondence and correct documents;
- Discretion and capacity to deal with people of different cultural backgrounds efficiently and tactfully;
- Ability to take initiatives and to provide quality and timely support and services;
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities. Capacity to work effectively under pressure;
- Excellent ICT skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language.
- General secretarial and/or administrative training.
- Working experience in similar functions within the UN system.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of contractual procedures.
- Good knowledge of Spanish.
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment
UNESCO is committed to promoting geographical distribution (last update) and gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as nationals from non- and under-represented Member States. Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Above texts are copied from UNESCO official Web Page (unesco.org)
Copyright 2020 UNESCO. All rights reserved
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
UN FAO Job Openings in the General Service Positions as of 23 02 2020
UN FAO Job Openings for Professional Positions as of 23 02 2020
This position is located in Resident Coordinator Office in State of Kuwait. Under minimal supervision, incumbents report to the Resident Coordinator