Posting Title: SUPPLY ASSISTANT, G5
Job Code Title: SUPPLY ASSISTANT
Department/ Office: United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Cyprus
Duty Station: NICOSIA
Posting Period: 4 November 2020-3 December 2020
Job Opening number: 20-LOG-UNFICYP-141884-R-NICOSIA (M)
Staffing Exercise ID: N/A
• Coordinates with field mission on delivery schedules.
• Ensures that Receipt and Inspection reports accurately reflect requisitioned items, and that invoices are processed by the Accounts Payable Unit.
• Provides updates on requisition status to relevant units and field missions.
• Maintains, updates and ensures accuracy of computer database by recording requisition details, purchase orders, delivery activity and invoice actions.
• Communicates with the office space project managers to understand the furniture needs of the projects and coordinate the ordering and delivering of furniture for these projects.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Ensures UN assets are assigned stock numbers, bar-coded, decaled and tagged as per UN guidelines.
• Conducts periodic physical inventories of UN office equipment to ensure accuracy of serial and decal numbers, stock descriptions, net total on hand and exact location of property.
• Deploys to new missions to assess supply requirements and warehouse capabilities, to assist in mission start up, to prepare and consolidate asset data for handover to property control unit and to assist in mission budget planning for supply section commodities.
• Submits reports on physical inventories to the Chief of Section.
• Assists in managing and maintaining a comprehensive electronic database of expendable and non-expendable UN property; enters data on all incoming expendable and non-expendable property, acquisitions, disposals, transfers, deletions and corrections.
• Collaborates in the destruction of property.
• Updates the Property Record Custodians database according to Departmental requests.
• Assists in preparing reports on consumption, proposed consumption and local/HQ procurement lead-time for non-expendable UN property.
• Performs verification and data migration of existing field mission property or logistics unit control databases.
• Provides training and advises to Property Record Custodians from all Departments on inventory-related matters.
• Performs other duties as required.
Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (i.e.SAP) software is desirable.
Experience in an international organization is desirable.
Experience in occupational health and safety or related field is desirable.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance and geographical diversity in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, United Nations staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the United Nations in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Above texts are copied from United Nations Official Web Page (careers.un.org)
Copyright 2020 United Nations. All rights reserved
Like and Follow us on