Posting Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, G5
Job Code Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Department/ Office: United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Cyprus
Duty Station: NICOSIA
Posting Period: 4 November 2020-3 December 2020
Job Opening number: 20-ADM-UNFICYP-141883-R-NICOSIA (M)
Staffing Exercise ID: N/A
• Processes, monitors, reviews and follows-up on actions related to the administration of the Section’s human resource activities e.g. recruitment, placement, relocation, promotion, performance appraisal, liaising with job classification reviews with HRS, separation, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of regulations and procedures.
• Enters, maintains and certifies administrative data and records for time and attendance, performance appraisal, etc. in electronic information systems.
• Reviews entitlements-related claims and reports.
• Provides advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary.
• Maintains and reviews organizational (relevant) staffing tables.
Budget and Finance
• Monitors status of expenditures for the Supply Chain Management Pillar and allotments, records variations, updates budget tables.
• Consolidates data received and provides support to the Chief Supply Chain Management
• Assists with the necessary reviewing of status of relevant expenditures and compares with approved budget.
• Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged and (b) availability of funds.
• Assists in the preparation of budget performance submissions.
• Prepares statistical tables and standard financial reports relevant to Supply Chain Management.
• Prepares, processes and follows-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff.
• Drafts routine correspondence.
• Maintains files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other related documentation.
• Maintains up-to-date work unit files (both paper and electronic).
• Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the field.
• Performs other related administrative duties as required, e.g. operational travel programme; monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services; physical space planning; identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems; organizing and coordinating administrative arrangements for seminars, conferences and translations.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Experience in an international organization is desirable.
Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (i.e.SAP) software is desirable.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance and geographical diversity in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, United Nations staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the United Nations in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Above texts are copied from United Nations Official Web Page (careers.un.org)
Copyright 2020 United Nations. All rights reserved
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- UN Job in South Sudan, VEHICLE TECHNICIAN, G4, Local recruitment, UNMISS-144429
- Chemonics International Career Opportunities as of 23 November 2020
- IFRC Job Openings as of 23 November 2020
- MERCY CORPS Jobs in The Middle East as of 22 November 2020
- MERCY CORPS Jobs in European Countries as of 21 November 2020