UNIFIL, Naqoura - LEBANON
|Posting Title:||Supply Assistant, G5|
|Job Code Title:||SUPPLY ASSISTANT|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon|
|Posting Period:||15 January 2018 – 13 February 2018|
|Job Opening Number:||18-Logistics and Supply Chain-UNIFIL-90242-R-Naqoura (M)|
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in Centralized Warehousing Unit in the Supply Chain Management Section, United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), Naqoura. The incumbent will report to the Chief Supply Chain Management Section or his/her designate.
– Receives authorized on-line registration for stores’ supplies from Chiefs of Sections and Heads of Units; verifies requisitions in accordance with sections’ / units’ monthly requirements. Ensures that supplies are issued to requesting offices/sections as per approved requisitions without delay.
– Monitors stock of supplies in the stores; conducts regular stock taking of inventories in the supply stores; informs the supervisor on discrepancies observed and on supplies which require stock replenishment in a timely manner. Ensures that items in the supply stores are arranged in an orderly manner and ensures that supplies are issued to requestors before expiration date of the products.
– Assists in raising requisitions for services and items required by the supply stores; coordinates with offices and sections about the requests received. Provides updates of requisitions status on a regular basis.
– Assists Receipt and Inspection (R&I) Unit in receiving and inspecting goods delivered by vendors and managed by Supply Chain. Processes internal R&I reports for goods in the Supply Chain Stores and forwards to R&I Unit for processing records of the goods in the system and issue to end users according to established procedures. Updates and monitors stock records for acquired products.
– Participates in the acquisition and the drafting of preliminary specifications for requirements as required; participates in the preparation of technical evaluation committees and presentations to Local Committee on Contracts as required.
– Assists in conduction periodic inventory of UN property management by Supply Chain Stores and updates records in the system by processing respective inventory documents on property issued to end users.
– Prepares required write-off documents for property which is lost, obsolete, expired or damaged. Receives technical evaluation reports on damaged property or on property which has become obsolete/expired and raises respective request for write off in the system to facilitate submission by the Claims office.
– Ensures that property approved for write-off and disposal is handed over to the Property Disposal Unit in a timely manner. Provides updates of write-off status on regular basis.
– Assists in preparing a variate of monthly, yearly and ad hoc inventory reports of the field mission’s property. Maintains updates and ensures accuracy and completeness of computer database recording requisition details, purchase orders, delivery and other supply related actions and monitors reports.
– Familiarizes new staff with respect to work requirements and applicable UN guidelines and office procedures.
– Performs other duties as required.
• PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of relevant United Nations rules and regulations, of budgetary and administrative procedures, policies and directives, in particular, inventory and control guidelines. Ability to organize and summarize data and information required for a variety of reports, etc. Ability to develop, maintain and operate management control systems for assets, materials, services and claims. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
High School diploma or equivalent is required.
A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in inventory and supply management, property management, logistics, procurement, warehousing, administrative services, or related area is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Recruitment against this position is on a local basis; applicants in the General Service category shall meet the relevant employment requirements of the host country (Lebanon), including fulfilling visa or work permit stipulations. If you fulfill the visa and work permit stipulations for Lebanon, please specify in your cover letter and attach a copy of your visa and work permit under ‘attachments” of your application in Inspira.
United Nations Considerations
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations – Chapter 3, article 8). The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, TRAINING OR ANY OTHER FEES). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.