PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the position is to coordinate the implantation of the Youth Resolve project in Bekaa and ensure that interventions are implemented based on standards and donor compliance in maintaining and establishing youth municipal committees who utilize evidence to lead on local and national advocacy to promote social cohesion. The project coordinator will serve as the liaison with local government authorities, community stakeholders and relevant entities within World Vision Lebanon and with other implementing partners.
|Ensure planning & coordination of field activities|
|Ensures that all aspects of the project’s daily management are met, including logistics, administration, security, visibility, community and beneficiaries liaison, evidence generation, coordination and risk management;Develop and guide the project team on the usage of project management tools for the Social Cohesion programme (including but not limited to reports, DIP, Logframe, ITT, SOPs, budgets, financial tracking, programmatic process flows)Handle project’s procurement needs according to the developed procurement plan.Ensure that project activities are implemented in good quality based on the project/s outcomes and taking into consideration the local context.Follow up and coordinate with the MEAL and technical teams to ensure that all needed tools and their analysis are in place developed and analyzed according to the project needs and aligned to the donor requirementsReview project level analysis and highlight trends to the Program Manager. Implement the recommended operational measures to address gaps and challenges.Contribute in the development of ToRs for external consultants;Responsible of the production of high quality narrative reports in a timely manner and based on the agreed template and processes.Contribute to the proposal development process as requested by the Program ManagerEnsure that the quality of implementation in reference to the donor’s guidelines, national SOPs, best practices while also generating evidence to show contribution to WVL national strategic objectives.Support the identification and escalation of advocacy issues to Program Manager.Participate in periodic evaluations of the impact of the project on the beneficiaries with support from the MEAL unit.|
|Build relationships & capacities of the hosting and beneficiary community including local government representatives.|
|Build and maintain healthy partnerships with local partners, especially municipalities, covered in the project while identifying potential partners for future collaboration.Ensure partners’ capacity assessment is conducted and capacity building plans are in place and implemented with the needed coaching and support.Represents WVL with relevant donors and sector working groups at field level, including LHIF, UNDP and UNHCR.Support the Program Manager in engaging and pre-positioning WVL with NGOs and local partners to scale up the youth programming portfolio in the area.Actively attend and participate in sector working group, consortium operational meetings among other national youth forums.Support in undertaking a stakeholder mapping analysis ( on the different NGOs operating in the sector and areas), in order to understand the functions various stakeholders fulfil, power dynamics, and to identify potential local partners, with a specific focus on youth programming, social stability, social cohesion and EU MADAD funded projects.In collaboration with the relevant technical specialist, contribute to technical evaluation of activities and take initiative to propose adjustment of activities depending on needs and circumstances.|
|Handle Staff Management|
|Develop JDs and Recruit staff, whenever needed;Provide leadership and coaching to the direct reports in terms of technical and project management toolsEffectively manage the performance of direct reports ensuring performance agreements, regular performance discussions, and annual appraisals are done. Address performance or behavioral issues when they arise.Ensure a conducive working atmosphere is created and opportunities provided to share lessons learned, experiences, observations and challenges to inform project managementTogether with the Program Manager and Technical Specialist, plan and provide opportunities for capacity building to project team in consultation with P&C Department to ensure coordinated technical and personal development.Coordinate with Bekaa Project Coordinator to share lessons and support each other. Additionally coordinate with other consortium project implementers for the same purpose.|
|Handle output level reporting, safeguarding and accountability incidents reporting|
|Ensure that output level reporting is done as per the established guidelinesComplete the required information in Activity info as per the set deadlinesFill project targets as per the set guidelinesEnsure timely reporting for information disseminated to communities/partnersDevelop project-specific material such as QandAs when neededConduct activities that enable partners to be properly informed about WVL, its Complaint mechanism, the project activities and WVL Safeguarding policyFill the Referral Tracking sheet on a monthly basis and send it to the relevant focal personReport any child and adult safeguarding incident as per the established guidelines and ensure that safeguarding incidents are being reported by project staff as required.Ensure that MoVs are validated.Report on the activities in a timely and quality manner that would help WVL submit the reports internally and externally.|
|Perform other duties as required|
|Participate in meetings, yearly planning and major events.Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally as required.Attend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture and other organizational events.Responsible of own & staff security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University degree or higher education relevant to Social Studies, Education, Protection, Development Studies human rights, law or other relevant fields;
- At least 3 years of proven experience in implementation of Youth Empowerment/Child Protection/Protection programming; human rights and/or advocacy work especially with local government such as municipalities.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic languages
- Strong understanding of best practices and strategies in social cohesion, youth empowerment and support to local government through advocacy.
- Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Participation, Do No Harm, Community and Family Support as well as Children in Emergencies minimum standards.
- Significant knowledge of International Humanitarian principals, Human Rights, municipal law and Refugee Law;
- Proven experience in community mobilization;
- Proven experience working in emergency settings;
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills including project Management cycle and tools
- Experience in implementing projects through local partners and providing direct technical support to local organizations;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties;
- Above average computer literacy in Microsoft Office package (incl. Excel), and holder of a valid driver’s license.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills with ability to network and negotiate with partners and government bodies.
- Ability to work in and contribute to dynamic team operating in a fragile environment
- Willing to travel within Lebanon with a valid driver’s license
- Project Management for Development (PMD), Project Management for Professional (PMPs);International Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE)
- Field and office based.