NRC Job in Lebanon
Youth Programme Development Manager
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with the youth pillar of the NRC Global Education Strategy, programme policy and other relevant policies.
- Develop and maintain NRC Lebanon Youth strategy; initiate and participate in the development of youth projects.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance and ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC on relevant national-level working groups (Youth, Education, protection, livelihoods) in coordination with other programmes as well as other technical
- Oversee and be responsible of mainstreaming protection guidelines in the NRC’s related activities as per NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns reported are properly resolved.
- Support the Head of Programme and M&E in the development of relevant M&E tools for the youth programme.
- Build the capacity of youth field staff, and transfer key technical skills as required and in line with strategy.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/coordination mechanism and with stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Support the collection and analysis of sex- and age- disaggregated data (quantitative, qualitative and anecdotal) so that it can be more effective in meeting beneficiary needs in NRC and partners’ programming.
- Liaise with regional and global level youth colleagues on programmatic developments and opportunities related to youth programming.
- Setup and recruit the Youth program team structure and directly manage the implementation of the program.
- Handle the overall responsibility for the Youth program budget (i.e. budget holder of Youth program budget lines).
- Maintain existing programme partnerships and identify opportunities for partnership based on identified need and programme strategy.
- Develop and revise the youth programme strategy and the development of associated new technical programming tools and resources linked to strategy and in synergy with the NRCs education programme and other relevant programmes.
- Build on the developed strategy, and depending on the growth of the program, to integrate activities/staff in the existing area offices.
- Ensure harmonization and consistency across the youth programme in all area offices through coordination and technical training of staff.
- Conduct regular reflection sessions with field staff based on data and learning aimed at informing programme development.
- Technically oversee the implementation of the youth programme in all area offices and document learning to inform programme iteration.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a technical and/or operational youth programme management role
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Experience working in coordination and liaising with external actors
- Prior experience in technical capacity development
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and verbal)
- Contextual understanding of youth sector and stakeholders in Lebanon and the region
- Capacity to translate theory into practice in programme implementation
- Experience in working with local and/or international youth partners
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic Thinking
- Initiating action and change
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
More than 130 UN Job Openings
for the week from 25 February to 03 March 2021
The programme assistant will support the further development and implementation of resource efficiency sub-programme with focus on the implementation of ‘EU4Environment’ project.
The focus of the position is on overall coordination and management of water and sanitation projects in Nepal.