NRC Job in Lebanon
Shelter and WASH Project Manager
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage NRC Shelter and WASH project staff in north Lebanon.
- Adhere to NRC policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and programme strategies; and initiate and participate in the development of relevant Shelter and WASH projects.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage the Shelter and WASH projects in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements; including management and monitoring of budget(s) according to the NRC Financial Handbook and donor requirements.
- Provide technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Provide regular progress reports to management and concerned parties and contribute to preparation of donor reports as needed.
- Represent Shelter and WASH in internal and external forums in the area as required and liaise with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders as needed.
- Promote the rights of refugees and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Oversee and be esponsible for the mainstreaming of protection guidelines in the NRC’s related activities as per NRC’s protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns are reported.
- Receive referral information related to protection cases on a monthly basis from the related focal points and ensure that the referral system is functioning to the best interest of beneficiaries as per NRC referral’s procedures.
- Ensure that project processes and related information are properly documented and ensure high technical quality and transparent processes.
- Implement the Shelter and WASH programme as per the Shelter and WASH national strategies:
- Work with the other programme teams (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education) on joint-programming, multi-sectorial community response and Neighbourhood Profiling
- Ensure most vulnerable refugees are targeted by the programme, taking into account people with special needs, gender, and protection issues
- Monitor project outcomes and outputs for each grant, as indicated in the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) matrix
- Ensure consistency in data management from field reports to database and reporting
- Monitor and address referrals of refugee complaints to provide timely feedback, according to the corresponding complaints feedback response mechanism and procedures
- Facilitate donor visits at the area level when required
- Provide feedback and updates on Shelter WASH procedures and guidelines to concerned management whenever required
- Conduct multi-sectoral needs assessment to inform program design and delivery in coordination with NRC programmes and existing external actors
- Coordinate with other actors, including UNHCR, MoSA, municipal authorities and NRC consortium partners regularly
- Provide regular updates, feedback, photos and stories on field implementation, particularly those which share relevant and timely information or which demonstrate impact of activities
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/sectors, including in meetings with donors at national level related to shelter & emergency response, and ensure transparent coordination with the humanitarian architecture, the relevant working groups and NRC consortium partners.
- University Master’s degree in Engineering or Urban Planning and/or Social Sciences
- Minimum 4 years of managerial and/or senior technical experience in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience in financial management and project cycle management
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in humanitarian and developmental responses in urban displacement
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of urban context
- Strong data management and Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Strong capacity building skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Access appreciated
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic thinking
- Handling insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Information and Telecommunication Technology Professional Jobs with the United Nations As of 17 October 2022
Information and Telecommunication Technology P Category Jobs with the United Nations As of 17 October 2022 – Multiple Locations
The NGO SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL assists populations affected by conflicts and violence, epidemics, natural or climate-related disasters and economic collapse.