NRC Job in Lebanon
Shelter and WASH Project Manager
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage NRC Shelter and WASH project staff in north Lebanon.
- Adhere to NRC policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and programme strategies; and initiate and participate in the development of relevant Shelter and WASH projects.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage the Shelter and WASH projects in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements; including management and monitoring of budget(s) according to the NRC Financial Handbook and donor requirements.
- Provide technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Provide regular progress reports to management and concerned parties and contribute to preparation of donor reports as needed.
- Represent Shelter and WASH in internal and external forums in the area as required and liaise with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders as needed.
- Promote the rights of refugees and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Oversee and be esponsible for the mainstreaming of protection guidelines in the NRC’s related activities as per NRC’s protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns are reported.
- Receive referral information related to protection cases on a monthly basis from the related focal points and ensure that the referral system is functioning to the best interest of beneficiaries as per NRC referral’s procedures.
- Ensure that project processes and related information are properly documented and ensure high technical quality and transparent processes.
- Implement the Shelter and WASH programme as per the Shelter and WASH national strategies:
- Work with the other programme teams (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education) on joint-programming, multi-sectorial community response and Neighbourhood Profiling
- Ensure most vulnerable refugees are targeted by the programme, taking into account people with special needs, gender, and protection issues
- Monitor project outcomes and outputs for each grant, as indicated in the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) matrix
- Ensure consistency in data management from field reports to database and reporting
- Monitor and address referrals of refugee complaints to provide timely feedback, according to the corresponding complaints feedback response mechanism and procedures
- Facilitate donor visits at the area level when required
- Provide feedback and updates on Shelter WASH procedures and guidelines to concerned management whenever required
- Conduct multi-sectoral needs assessment to inform program design and delivery in coordination with NRC programmes and existing external actors
- Coordinate with other actors, including UNHCR, MoSA, municipal authorities and NRC consortium partners regularly
- Provide regular updates, feedback, photos and stories on field implementation, particularly those which share relevant and timely information or which demonstrate impact of activities
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/sectors, including in meetings with donors at national level related to shelter & emergency response, and ensure transparent coordination with the humanitarian architecture, the relevant working groups and NRC consortium partners.
- University Master’s degree in Engineering or Urban Planning and/or Social Sciences
- Minimum 4 years of managerial and/or senior technical experience in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience in financial management and project cycle management
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in humanitarian and developmental responses in urban displacement
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of urban context
- Strong data management and Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Strong capacity building skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Access appreciated
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic thinking
- Handling insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Associate Programme Management Officer( Multiple Positions) Level : P-2Job ID : 216794Job Network : Economic, Social and DevelopmentJob Family :
Programme Policy Officer (Durable Solutions and Refugee Integration – Coordination Consultant)Requisition ID: 829922 – Posted on 13/10/2023 – Short Term Monthly – Africa, Western – MauritaniaNouakchott – Working Job Language (1) – PROGRAMME