NRC Job in Lebanon
Beirut and Mount Lebanon
Application deadline: 11.10.2020
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to ICLA Strategy development, project proposals drafting and development, and provide consistent input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of the ICLA projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from the line manager in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Oversee the provision of ICLA services to NRC beneficiaries in the relevant area according to programme strategy, project proposals and budgets
- Supervise the ICLA team, ensure their capacity building and transfer key skills;
- Ensure implementation of project cycle management activities according to NRC framework;
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in shelter activities
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action; and contribute to protection needs and trends identification and ensure adequate Shelter response in line with National Shelter Strategy
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the field Protection Coordinator
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and key external stakeholders
- Provide oversight for the ICLA response in BML, through outreach associated work.
- Identify appropriate locations for ICLA outreach work and establishment of outreach activities in coordination with ICLA team.
- Document technical issues and questions and report to the ICLA PM with suggested ways of addressing them.
- Assist with standardisation of NRC protection and information response (including upholding structure, methodology and procedures) in the BML and, as relevant, throughout Lebanon.
- Manage, supervise and support the capacity building of the ICLA team in the BML by performing daily follow-up and identifying their training needs.
- Provide support and guidance to ICLA focal points (legal focal points, service mapping focal point, referral focal point, HLP (Housing, land and property) focal point) by developing and updating referral mechanisms and service mapping
- Assist in designing the needed forms, questionnaires and other templates and maintain an up to date archiving system.
- Keep record of results of assessments; analyse results and prepare report on protection needs.
- Identify and assess main protection and information needs of target communities
- Prepare documents containing legal and related information for target communities.
- Conduct information and counselling sessions for beneficiaries in the Centres and in the course of outreach work (including mobile information clinics).
- Assist in strategic review, monitoring and evaluation activities and identification of other relevant ICLA activities
- Participate in the oversight of legal consultants (ICLA lawyers) providing legal assistance in collaboration with the Legal Field Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or Legal Studies or relevant studies.
- Minimum 3years’ experience in humanitarian assistance services, preferably in protection or legal assistance implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context, including the delivery of technical capacity building trainings. Minimum two years of experience in management, including supervision of staff.
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting on project activities preferable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
We can offer
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Information and Telecommunication Technology Professional Jobs with the United Nations As of 17 October 2022
Information and Telecommunication Technology P Category Jobs with the United Nations As of 17 October 2022 – Multiple Locations
The NGO SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL assists populations affected by conflicts and violence, epidemics, natural or climate-related disasters and economic collapse.