NRC Job in Lebanon
Housing, Land and Property Rights Adviser
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of the HLP component of the ICLA emergency strategy
- Provide capacity building on HLP and transfer of key skills to the ICLA team
- Contribute to HLP needs and trends identification and ensure adequate ICLA response
- Oversee HLP related research and assessments
- Represent NRC in relevant forums
- Contribute to NRC ICLA role in the HLP Temporary Technical Committee
- Provide technical support in the development of the HLP emergency strategy component
- Conduct field visits to the affected areas, local consultations and key informants interviews to assess critical HLP issues and relevant stakeholders.
- Build internal ICLA capacity on HLP, through delivery of trainings, field support and guidance.
- Develop technical guidelines, SOPs and tools on HLP.
- Supervise the development and implementation of HLP-related research and assessments
- Support in the review of the HLP outcome monitoring activities.
- Contribute to evidence-based advocacy on HLP
- Support HLP areas of integration with other core competences, in particular due diligence for Shelter.
- Coordinate externally with relevant stakeholders, host and refugee community, local authorities, humanitarian actors and local organizations.
- Participate in the HLP Temporary Technical Committee
- Bachelor degree in law, human rights, international relations, political sciences or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of experience on HLP programming in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Expertise in HLP rights
- Extensive capacity building experience with national staff on HLP
- Knowledge of relevant concepts of international refugee and human rights law and understanding of protection principles
- Significant understanding of Lebanon’s humanitarian, political and socio-economic context
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in coordination and liaison with external actors
- Experience with IDPs /refugee related programmes
- Fluency in English both written and verbal. Arabic is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strategic thinking and analysis
- Building relationships and coordination
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiating action and change
We can offer
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Associate Programme Management Officer( Multiple Positions) Level : P-2Job ID : 216794Job Network : Economic, Social and DevelopmentJob Family :
Programme Policy Officer (Durable Solutions and Refugee Integration – Coordination Consultant)Requisition ID: 829922 – Posted on 13/10/2023 – Short Term Monthly – Africa, Western – MauritaniaNouakchott – Working Job Language (1) – PROGRAMME