NRC Job in Lebanon
Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) Manager
In 2019, NRC’s programmes in Lebanon reached 330,314 refugees and Lebanese with ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance), Shelter, WASH and Education. NRC Lebanon’s Covid-19 response includes crosscutting activities and sector-specific Covid-19 work. NRC also implements activities together with other NGOs to extend its access to people in need. In Lebanon, NRC has nearly 450 staff and has its Country Office in Beirut and operations in Beirut/ Mount Lebanon, Bekaa, South and North. The budget for 2019 exceeded USD 33 million.
Duties and responsibilities
NRC Lebanon is committed to ensuring that its beneficiaries and stakeholders have access to Complaints, Feedback and Response Mechanism (CFRM), which are the established processes through which the Country Office receives, addresses and responds to complaints and feedback. The Country Management Group approved the design of a CFRM in August 2018, and a significant amount of work has been done to date to clarify, set-up and roll out. The CFRM has three main objectives. The first and most important objective is to enable stakeholders, including individuals benefitting from NRC’s assistance, to provide complaints and feedback to NRC and to receive a response. The second is to improve accountability towards beneficiaries and stakeholders. The third is to contribute to improve programme design and organisational performance.
NRC Lebanon continuously assesses the design and management of the CFRM in NRC Lebanon to ensure consistency and high-quality standards. The Accountability Manager will ensure the CFRM is adapted to the local context in Lebanon, and the mechanism accessible, trusted and utilised. NRC Lebanon is also in the process of centralising its Core Competency helplines used to request information and services from NRC. The Accountability Manager will oversee the set-up and smooth running of the helpline function.
The Accountability Manager will work closely with the Core Competency Specialists, Programme Development Managers, Emergency Response team and Consortia to ensure communities influence decision-making, information is shared effective and transparent, and NRC is being held to account. The position sits within the Programme Support Unit, together with Grants, Monitoring and Evaluation and Protection, and will contribute to programme quality by feeding accountability learning and findings into the different project cycles. The Accountability Manager will furthermore contribute to creating a ‘safe to speak up’ culture, through producing periodic reports and analysis that can strengthen programming and increase overall organizational accountability to beneficiaries and the wider affected population. The Manager will additionally oversee donor reporting in line with NRC’s approach of zero tolerance to sexual exploitation, harassment, and abuse, as well as aid diversion.
- At least 5 years of experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting.
- Solid experience in handling sensitive feedback
- Ability to present (sensitive) data and convey information clearly and concisely and identifying trends
- Fluency in both English and Arabic (speaking, reading, writing)
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Strong analytical and communications skills
- Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information (highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential)
- Strong management skills (ability to demand results and be empathetic, non-defensive but decisive, firm and resilient)
- Experience and ability to train others and transfer knowledge
- Knowledge of the context in Lebanon / Middle East and NRC activities in the country / region, as well as knowledge of Arabic considered an asset.
- Familiarity with NRC’s core competencies is an asset
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
Like and Follow us on
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Chemonics Career Opportunities in USA, as of 24 November 2020
UN Job Openings, General Services Category, as of 24 November 2020
UN Job Openings Professional & Higher Categories As of 24 November 2020 Click on the job title to read the